New Contributor

Re: Best Places to Buy Organic Dried and Canned Beans?

I second ranchogordo, lovely beans, etc. and good recipes as well.  Helpful site.

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

Ranchogordodotcom is fantastic for quality and variety. I've also been happy with dried and canned organic beans from vitacost, which has a few varieties.

@Thats Me  I've heard excellent reviews of ranchogordo for years.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ @calgal9 @Thats Me @soonersis  @wildlifewitch  and others. . . 

Thank you all so much!  I have bought from Whole Foods (haven't gotten down there in a while) and from Vitacost (which didn't have the Eden ones now!) get e-mails from Rancho Gordo but haven't bought, and I am at what I did:

Bought from Walmart (by the way I love their and Whole Foods 3 bean combos canned).  I found that they ship Food to Live Organic Pinto beans so I bought 5 pounds for $20.49, free shipping.  They get good reviews in several places, and came in a very well sealed heavy plastic releasable bag and the beans look very good! 

I will report back after I cook some!  You can get 10 pounds for about $31 I think--which is a good value for organic.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions!  I appreciate it.  Now I have a longer list of places to look too when I run out.  I love Camillia beans too and wish they had organic.

Valued Contributor

Heartily agree. This company's (ranchogordo) beans are fabulous and they sell many varieties.

Contributor

I just heard about Chili Smith Foods for beans, plus they have seasonings also. I have ordered the Heirloom beans and loved the one I've cooked so far. Steve Smith is who I have talked with and he is very knowledgeable about beans. 

Honored Contributor

Report to all:  The Food to Live beans from Walmart looked like very good quality (uniform, plump and not many splits!) and cooked up great.

I know Rancho Gordo is popular, and I am not usually too shocked by grocery prices, but that much for beans.  No. They are just beans. . . I want good quality (and have seen some sorry looking beans lately), but beyond that I'm ok with just beans. Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Rancho Gordo beans are worth every penny. Their beans are excellent and they carry a huge variety of beans - many you've likely never heard of.

Honored Contributor

I buy basic organic canned beans from Aldi's.  (pinto and kidney)  I have a friend who belongs to the bean of the month club.  How exciting.