Respected Contributor

Re: Best Online Source for Grocery Coupons?

Just popping in to keep this in My Activity. Good info for me.

Esteemed Contributor

VCamp, I went to the website of a local chain grocer. They had over 200 coupons available to "clip" and put on my loyalty card!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

I use a lot of the sites listed here, and I go to the manufacturer's websites for things that I use often, like CoffeeMate, Purina cat food, Benecol margerine, etc. Also for kitty litter - Arm & Hammer and Tidy Cats. I always check the websites when I need to stock up on a particular product, especially if there is a sale at the same time.

I also use the Sunday paper coupons, but only the ones I know I need. I don't know if you have stores that will take the paper coupon as well as one loaded to your card, but my local Harris Teeter will.

Another thing about Harris Teeter, (my local Food Lion and Kroger's don't double coupons anymore), they not only double your coupon up to $.99, they sometimes have triple coupons up to $.99 and also at times have super double coupons up to $2.00, which means a $2.00 coupon will get you $4.00 off the product. Also, if you have a coupon loaded to your card, none of those will double, but you can use the one on your card and the paper coupon on the same purchase.

So even though sometimes it's a pain to keep track of the paper coupons, at some stores they do really increase your discount. Harris Teeter just had the super double coupons, and I had 3 paper coupons for $1.00 that doubled to $2.00, and I got breakfast burritos that were on sale for $1.00, so total I got 6 of them absolutely free! I try to combine the coupons with a sale whenever I can. My local Walgreen's had Clump and Seal cat litter (which sells at most stores for about $10.00 for 14 lbs) on sale for $5.99. I had two coupons for $3.00 each and one coupon for $2.00 off, so I got three 14 lb boxes for $10.00, which would have cost me $30.00 at regular price. Those kinds of deals make me very happy, and it's well worth my time! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

kittymom, thanks for the info!

I looked at the coupon policy on the Giant (local Kroger) website. I found out they double coupons as you stated; they accept competitors' coupons, and they accept internet coupons (they didn't a few years ago).

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

We only have 2 stores that double coupons. Piggly wiggly doubles 10 coupons, up to and including $1 with a coupon and $25 purchase on Fri, Sat, Sun. Copps doubles 5 coupons, up to and including $1 with a $25 purchase on Weds and Sat. Unfortunately both stores have the highest prices. I get extra coupons on e bay.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/25/2014 graycatsrule said: We only have 2 stores that double coupons. Piggly wiggly doubles 10 coupons, up to and including $1 with a coupon and $25 purchase on Fri, Sat, Sun. Copps doubles 5 coupons, up to and including $1 with a $25 purchase on Weds and Sat. Unfortunately both stores have the highest prices. I get extra coupons on e bay.

I get what you mean about the stores having high prices if they double coupons. My Harris Teeter, which I mentioned above is, for the most part, the highest priced store of the three I go to regularly. I only shop there when the coupons I have combined with their sales, or their super double coupons promotions, offer me the biggest discount and makes it considerably cheaper than the other two stores.

I'm on the lookout now for Tidy Cats cat litter coupons, because that Harris Teeter has BOGOFree on Tidy Cats, and you can use two coupons, or one coupon based on purchasing two, even though you're getting one for free. One of the other stores won't let me do that. Also, you have to be on the lookout now because some manufacturers put on their coupons "No Doubling of Coupon"...{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Regular Contributor

Great info. Thanks!
Super Contributor

Here are a couple that I like and use all the time.

The first one lets you see a preview of what coupons are coming out as well as past ones, from all the coupon inserts (Red Plum, Smart Source, Proctor and Gamble etc) and also has online printable coupons. I find this one really handy when I am going through my Safeway Just for You specials, I can type in the company or product name and it will pull up any coupons current and expired for that specific item or company (saves time since I don't have to go back and forth between the computer and my coupons in another room).

http://www.sundaycouponpreview.com/

The second one also has online printable coupons and the best part is that you can, search by deals by store, category or item and they have a free membership you can use to customize it to the stores in your area that you always shop at and they send email alerts for the new sales for the stores and when your favorite products go on sale.

http://www.mygrocerydeals.com/

I don't do the online printable coupons and my grocery shopping options are limited to Safeway, Walmart and sometimes CVS & Walgreens, but I still manage to save lots of money and often get items for free. Hope this helps.

tkins