Valued Contributor

I recently tried a german small chocolate bar from Aldis. It was very good Milk Chocolate. I soon will try the dark chocolate.

Honored Contributor

There is no "best" chocolate.  There's not good chocolate, good, and wonderful.  And that varies from person to person and time to time.  

It's like trying to think of the best peach you ever had.  

Honored Contributor

Lily's...

The only brand of chocolate we buy now. No sugar and relatively low carbs. Once a month DH and I split a candy bar and I will use the baking chips once in awhile for desserts. Sometimes DH adds them to his home-made coffee ice cream...Yum! Smiley Very Happy

We get the candy bar variety pack & baking chips through Amazon.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite has been swiss chocolate from Boehm's out of Issaquah, Washington.

Respected Contributor

I have discovered Alter Eco Chocolate Truffles, wow!  They are organic, gluten free, & non-GMO.  They are also made with pure organic coconut oil.  These are my guilt-free treat every afternoon!

AD06D2B6-AEAD-4E96-953A-FE980E47B73E.jpeg

92873CF5-05D9-4F04-9866-14D8828A3046.jpeg

Respected Contributor
I have found some very tasty chocolate bars at Aldi's. We really like the milk chocolate with raisins & I believe hazelnuts.
Honored Contributor

Re: Best Chocolate

[ Edited ]

*edit

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Susan Louise wrote:

Lily's...

The only brand of chocolate we buy now. No sugar and relatively low carbs. Once a month DH and I split a candy bar and I will use the baking chips once in awhile for desserts. Sometimes DH adds them to his home-made coffee ice cream...Yum! Smiley Very Happy

@Susan Louise   I buy these candy bars too, for occasional use only.  I have several in the cabinet, I rarely think about them.  I keep an assortment of chocolate chips on hand so every so often I might take a few.  I've also made my own mini peanut butter cup.  Walmart is usually a good resource.  Sometimes I buy the Bake Believe brand.  They're pretty good too, but only come in dark, semi-sweet, and milk.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

Lily's...

@Susan Louise   I buy these candy bars too, for occasional use only.  I have several in the cabinet, I rarely think about them.  I keep an assortment of chocolate chips on hand so every so often I might take a few.  I've also made my own mini peanut butter cup.  Walmart is usually a good resource.  Sometimes I buy the Bake Believe brand.  They're pretty good too, but only come in dark, semi-sweet, and milk.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  DH and I will split a candy bar once a month. I usually do a 2-week menu plan at a time and will add it in on a day that fits our macros. So we'll either have the chocolate at the beginning of the month or toward the end.

As for the chips, and he likes to add chips to his home-made coffee ice cream and occassionally I'll sprinkle a few on top of our keto strawberry waffles w/home-made keto whipped cream for an extra treat. Last week I melted some chips and made a few dozen chocolate covered strawberries and put them in the freezer. We'll each have 2 or 3 berries for dessert once in awhile. 

Using a couple of KetoConnect's recipes, DH had made some great biscotti and added chips. I have made KC's Chocolate Chip cookies and added crushed pecans or walnuts.

...................................................................................................

@JeanLouiseFinch  Just an FYI

*Edited several of my typing errors. At the time when I was writing this post I was multi tasking...or trying to :/