Respected Contributor

I've been ordering for years from Long Grove Confectionary

and have been very happy with their chocolate.  

They have these pecan myrtles that are about 2 per pound, they are huge and oh so delicious.  I also buy the English Toffee which is also truly delicious.

Where do you buy from?    I like the real chocolate treats and not those fancy shiny colored boxed one's.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bissingers

Esteemed Contributor

The best ever were Gifford Chocolates and ice cream, originally in Silver Spring MD.  I still miss them and can taste them in my memory.

Honored Contributor

Hand's down...See's.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

DeBrands out of Fort Wayne, Indiana

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

@patbz    I grew up in northern Va. in the 50's and 60's and we went to the Giffords in Arlington frequently.  Did they go out of business?  They had the best Swiss chocolate sauce and I have thought about it frequently over the last 50 yrs.

Living in Ca. now and I enjoy Ghirardelli, Godiva and See's chocolate the best.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love orchids :  They closed 20-25 years ago.  I understand that at original store in Silver Spring people were outside crying.

Super Contributor

@patbz   I can believe it.  All good things must come to an end, unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

Gardner's Candy is very good.

Respected Contributor

I have long thought the chocolate here in US has tasted waxy, even the so called "good" stuff.  Then my DD and family went back-packing through Europe and brought me back some chocolates from Belgium.  Wow, was it delicious!!  So creamy and flavorful.  Nothing here compares to it that I have tried, except maybe for a very old local candy store that seems to have kept it's quality throughout the years in Oshkosh WI, Hughes, but I believe they are now closed temporarily.