Honored Contributor

Besides cupcakes, what do you make in a 6 or 12 cup tin?

I know people make individual meat loaves in them too.  What other ways do you use yours?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Besides cupcakes, what do you make in a 6 or 12 cup tin?

I’ve made mini cherry and peach pies. I’ve also made mini chicken pot pies.

Respected Contributor

you can make individual breakfast bites. fill the cups with chopped ham, or sausage, cheese , whatever else you like, fill with beaten eggs, and bake. can be frozen.

Esteemed Contributor

I often use muffin tins to make individual frittatas or quiches (and if you have a 24-cup tin, you can make adorable bite-size frittatas that are great for parties or breakfast on the go). Muffin tins are perfect for mini cookie tarts, cheesecakes, and similar desserts, and like @Meowingkitty, I've used them for small pies.

In addition, you can use a muffin tin to reheat leftover stuffing or macaroni and cheese so each serving has a nice crunch around the edges—really fun especially at this time of year. I've also heard of people using the tins to poach eggs in the oven, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

In addition, you can use a muffin tin to reheat leftover stuffing or macaroni and cheese so each serving has a nice crunch around the edges—really fun especially at this time of year. I've also heard of people using the tins to poach eggs in the oven, but I haven't tried that one yet.

@loriqvc, I haven't seen that one.  I have seen them used to make hard "boiled" eggs in the oven though.  

Another thought, but you would need either silicone pans or something to line the cups. You could freeze batches of steel cut oats into individual servings.  I had that thought after we bought some frozen oatmeal "pucks" at Costco.  After freezing you could then put them in Foodsaver bags.   

Esteemed Contributor

I don't even use mine for cupcakes but as others have mentioned, I make the egg muffins (Fritatas or whatever else they're called) in mine.  I just made a batch the weekend before last.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I've bought the ingredients for the following recipe (all two of them!) but haven't made them yet.

Decent reviews, but I imagine it depends on the apple pie filling you buy...

https://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/2-ingredient-apple-pie-cups/6cabb193-38dd-4799-abbc-ce80072cfe5b

Denise
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Corn muffins, blueberry muffins...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Miniature cheesecakes. It's an old recipe by Kraft using Philadelphia Cream Cheese.  

Muffins.  

Little crustless quiche(es?).

Years ago I had a recipe for miniature pound cakes that was really good, but I don't know what happened to the recipe.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't mention muffins in my response because I figured that was a standard use for cupcake tins, but I am a muffin maniac! That is definitely the purpose I use my tins for the most. If you're interested in an absolutely fantastic cookbook, I highly recommend "750 Best Muffin Recipes," which is mainly available on Amazon nowadays. It has recipes for both sweet and savory muffins as well as really tasty gluten-free muffins. It also has excellent tips on converting muffin recipes to loaves and vice versa.