Honored Contributor

Re: Benefits of a bread knife

A bread knife is also great for an angel food cake.
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:
A bread knife is also great for an angel food cake.

LOL! A bread knife is almost required for an angel food cake!

Frequent Contributor

I just had a thought.regarding that Snickerdoodle bread recipe....what if I convert the recipe to work in bundt pan and add a cream cheese filling?  Cinnamon flavor and cream cheese? It might work.

The idea came to me when I saw a PIllsbury recipe for cream cheese stuffed Snickerdoodle cookies.  But I am more of a cake maker than a cookie maker so I prefer  to try the cake version .  Has anyone tried that combo?

Honored Contributor

I bought the one at Walmart today. LOL

Respected Contributor

I have a 12 inch bread knife use it for rolls don't need that large but it works also remember to sharpen the knives, steak, little knives & large ones evey 6 months. Before Thanksgiving I did it & hope to remember Easter a sharp knife make a difference.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me and my family are one those food and cooking oriented people. Sometimes I feel instead of clothes or handbags me and my mom receive greater pleasure buying cooking gadgets, knives, and utensils.Smiley Tongue

We own a couple of bread knives. My mom cannot function without one as we bake most of our bread loaves at home instead of buying. However, using it to slice tomatoes is something I'm going to try now.