Trusted Contributor

Re: Been charmed by Blue Willow China?

I love blue and white china.  As a very, very young child, a neighbor lady used her blue and white china for everyday use and I fell in love with it the first time I saw it.

When I married I always wanted a set but couldn't afford it.  

So, ENJOY!

Respected Contributor

@novamc1  @1Professor   That is just too funny about excessive recipe numbers.  I love seeing every one of them that is posted.  I ignore the folks that make comments about this or that "unhealthy" ingredient, or daring to include meat.  

People have different preferences in food, dishware, decorating, fashion, choosing partners, or staying single, etc.  And they have reasons, good or bad, for those choices.

To me part of the reason to visit the forums is to share and see different viewpoints, or get some help, or learn something new.

The difficulty is sometimes I don't consider carefully enough how what I  type is going to come across when read by someone else who can't read my mind and so my fingers can fly a little too quickly to the big red "post button" before thinking an item through.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@novamc1 You post any recipe you want, any time.  No one on here "runs" or oversees that thread!

Self entitlement can be amazing at times!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

The pattern on my Mom's Blue Willow had flames coming out of the house the lovers escaped to. Supposedly the father set their house on fire and the lovers died but their souls became the 2 doves seen at the top of the plate.

I only have the meat platter to remember the pattern by but I treasure it. 

The old saying that states "if you have nothing kind to say, say nothing at all" still applies.

Honored Contributor

@sienna123 wrote:

The pattern on my Mom's Blue Willow had flames coming out of the house the lovers escaped to. Supposedly the father set their house on fire and the lovers died but their souls became the 2 doves seen at the top of the plate.

I only have the meat platter to remember the pattern by but I treasure it. 

The old saying that states "if you have nothing kind to say, say nothing at all" still applies.

As some of us SO OFTEN MENTION, opinions are personal and each and every one of us is entitled to our own.

That said, the way we STATE our opinions can encroach on the feelings and opinions of others if they contain subjective language. 

In our current hyper-speeded communication vortex, almost any cue, even as seemingly insignificant as an emoji, can change a reasonably stated opinion into something else, and that in turn can alter and often stop conversation that could otherwise be informative to participating communicators.

If you care about having your opinions honored, give some consideration to how you are choosing to express them. Not really that difficult to do, and BIG potential benefits.

Respected Contributor

I was watching Andy Griffith last night and they had there table set with Blue Willow dishes.

Respected Contributor

I also saw the Blue willow in pink. And my Aunt had a set of dishes in light brown with coach and buggies on them Both very nice.Or maybe more like horse drawn carriages.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor, while not a Blue Willow collector I have small "toy" for lack of a better word dishes/saucers, cups, tea pot, creamer, sugar bowl and various other pieces that were given to me as a child in the early 1950s.  To put size into perspective the cups likely only hold about one ounce and when placed on a plate/saucer the appearance is similar to a conventional teacup and saucer.

Those dishes caused one of the biggest adult fights I ever had with my mother.  Without saying a word to me she gave them to cousin; they were eventually returned to me.

I can't explain the attachment I have to the set but at 70+ I still won't part with them.  They bring a smile and peace every single time I take them out and look at them.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

My mother and grandmother had Blue Willow.  I personally never cared for it.  However, I'm happy you got something you've wanted for a long time.  That's great!

Honored Contributor

@Marp I saw that little set!  Adorable!Smiley Happy

It's now on ebay if anyone is interested.

Vintage Blue Willow Child's Toy Tea Set Japan 22 pc. in Box