Respected Contributor

Been charmed by Blue Willow China?

chinosorie.jpg

I've been longing for Blue Willow China for decades. Just gave up my Fiestaware (to a collector) last weekend, in order to start the long-desired Blue Willow set. Life's too short and we use our chinaware too often not to indulge . . .

Love to hear from other Blue Willow collectors.

Which pieces are favorites?

Which makers?

Best sources for pieces to add to a collection?

IMG_3383.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

CwDgpP05LUG1YIUUZckZcQ.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Been charmed by Blue Willow China?

Love this set of intense blue cups:

blue-willow-9-850x416.jpg

Now looking for cobalt blue glassware . . .

Honored Contributor

@1Professor   Our Tuesday Morning has a lot of SPODE and a lot of it is the real deal--made in England!  Check the back of the pieces.

We have had Spode blue and white since about 1993, used it all the time and it has held up wonderfully!  If you can find those jumbo cups and saucers they are so useful.

What's not to love about the blue and white?

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t have the Blue Willow but my Great Aunt did. I loved going to her house and her China intrigued me as a child. (So did her homemade potato rolls)!

There is a wonderful antique/2d hand store nearby and I have seen Blue Willow there and was tempted but wouldn’t use it.

I chose Montclair by Lenux. I don’t cook or entertain now so it rests in the china cabinet.

Honored Contributor

I prefer a more contemporary look.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I don’t like it at all 👎

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

Sorry, I don’t like it at all 👎

@January121.  This shows how different people are from each other. I would never do what you did.

It’s so interesting how different people can be.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor - I inherited my grandmother's. I took it because my aunt was just going to donate it. She and my mom asked me to take them. I have an antique Japanese hibachi in our dining room, and I have most of her pieces in there. I think I have a set of cups like the ones you posted - they're oversized. Those are in our corner cabinet. My stepmother-in-law used to call it "Flow China." 

I'll bet your table looks so pretty with it all on there! (I also inherited her Fiesta ware. That we use every day.)  Maybe this summer I'll get it out and use it. I'm not really a "blue" person, but it would look great with white accents on our oak table. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I saw some photos of dishes that look very similar to Blue Willow from a distance, but upon closer examination, it has images of dinosaurs, robots, frogs & other weirdness!  It's called Calamityware

Respected Contributor

This was my good dishes years ago , like in the 80's. I really liked them but they chipped to easy. In the early 90's I purchased white corning ware. Used up in till I purchased my spice tempt-tation dishes and add on's, I kept the cereal size and the deep mini's and gave my corning ware to a newly on her own girl. And now just my husband and I so my spice tempt-taions is all I use especially like them because they can go into the oven. Love, Love, that feature. And I also kept my white corning ware platters. A different life now, and my tempt-tation dishes are really durable.  And I think it is going on about 9 years for my spice dishes. So I'm HAPPY ! HAPPY! HAPPY!