Honored Contributor

I want to write a review but nobody would see it since it's by ship date that has passed.

Mine arrived yesterday and I just ate a small piece.  It was absolute fruitcake perfection.  They're chock full of pecans with lots of yummy fruits and few raisins, just enough cake to hold it all together with a light hint of liquor.  If you like fruitcake, I highly recommend this one.

I got the original but it also comes in chocolate.  I'll.try it next time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Beatrice Bakery Fruitcake

I got this fruitcake last year and I agree that it is delicious!  

Esteemed Contributor

Mine arrived also - been having a joke with my mailman and it's for him ???? but..........now I don't want to give it away  Checked and sold out.

Hmmm  do I split it with MM - he doesn't recall having it before so won't know how great this one is.    A USA ARMY veteran   50ish age if that helps

Hmmmm...Help...LOL

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Mine arrived also - been having a joke with my mailman and it's for him ???? but..........now I don't want to give it away  Checked and sold out.

Hmmm  do I split it with MM - he doesn't recall having it before so won't know how great this one is.    A USA ARMY veteran   50ish age if that helps

Hmmmm...Help...LOL

Lots of options available on the Beatrice Bakery website & they're on sale today.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  Just received mine, too.  

Trusted Contributor

I ordered one too, but I have yet to receive it.  I just checked my order status and this is what it says: 

We’re sorry this package has experienced a sortation delay. The package has been rerouted to the correct destination.

It sounds like I will get mine (thankfully!), but I have to wait a few days.  I have been wanting to try this fruitcake for a few years now.  I'm glad to hear that everyone thinks it's great.  Believe it or not, I have never eaten fruitcake before, so I'm a little nervous to try it.  It looks so good on tv.  I'm hopeful I'll enjoy mine too!

Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach 

"We’re sorry this package has experienced a sortation delay. The package has been rerouted to the correct destination."

In other words, put on the wrong truck.  

Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee 

Yes, I figured it was something like that.  lol

I have never seen that message before on any of my orders, but nothing surprises me anymore.  At least it sounds like I'll be getting the fruitcake.  I guess that's all that matters.  I'm not in a rush and apparently these things don't go bad.

Honored Contributor

I had a package with a sortation mishap last week and, so far, it's visited every podunk village in the Midwest but is still nowhere near me.  I think it's walking home.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am the only person I know that likes fruitcake. I've always loved it. My stepmother made a really good fruitcake using rum....mmm so good. She also made a traditional German stollen that I liked too.

I have had the Beatrice fruitcake, but I do think they offer various fruitcakes and not all are created equal. I'm jealous of all of you getting good fruitcake.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."