Respected Contributor

Re: Barbarainnc: It's time to reprint your favorite fun recipes please!

Sweet Potato Pie

2 (9in.) regular frozen pie crusts

2 ½ cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes

1 stick of unsalted butter, softened

1 ¾ cups sugar

1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 large eggs

7 oz evaporated milk

Beat the sweet potatoes and butter until mixed, add sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and mix again. Add the eggs one at a time, then add milk slowly. Mix until smooth. Pour into 2-9 inch pie crusts. Bake at 400* for 10 mintues, then reduce the temperature to 350* for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Respected Contributor

Old Fashioned Chocolate Fudge

6 c sugar

1 1/2 c Hershey's Cocoa

1 1/3 sticks butter

1 large can evaporated milk

1/2 c whole milk

2 t vanilla extract

Lightly butter a 9 by 13 inch pan and set aside. Mix all ingredients in a large saucepan. Cook on low to medium heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and beat rapidly for several minutes with a spoon. Fold in nuts and pour into prepared pan. Cut fudge in squares while still warm. After fudge has cooled, store in covered container

Respected Contributor

These are just some of my favorites, hope you enjoy them!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Wow, Barbarainnc, you sure did a lot of work to put these recipes on here for everyone. They all sound so good. I have saved them. thanks for going thru the trouble to do this.

JPC

Respected Contributor

Barb, you have outdone yourself! THANK YOU!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}....there are some dangerous recipes folks: I can attest to the dangers of "Fudge for One"....Once again, thank you so much and a great big bear hug for you!

Hugs,

Poodlepet{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

I didn't mind, I love to share recipes with others. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Barbarainnc, Thank You so much for doing this, you're an angel, I copied most, will definitely be working on all of those., fudge for one, probably will have to do it over again a few times lol!

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2014 Barbarainnc said:

School Cafeteria Yeast Rolls-

2 packages active dry yeast 1 ½ teaspoon salt

10 oz warm water 3 tablespoons shortening

¼ cup dry milk 1 egg, beaten

1/3 cup sugar 4 cups all purpose flour

Soften yeast in 4 oz of the water. Add remainder of water (6oz) in another bowl. Add the sugar, salt, shortening and dry milk in bowl. Add 1¼ c flour and mix well. Add softened yeast and beaten egg. Add the remaining flour (2 ¾ cup) to make a soft dough. Knead until smooth and satiny. Place dough in greased bowl and grease top surface of dough. Cover and let rise until double. Knead and shape rolls. Let rise again until doubled. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. This dough can be used for cinnamon rolls. (This recipe came from the high school where my mother taught Home Economics. This is the first yeast bread recipe I ever used.)

Barbarainnc--I made this recipe this morning. I wasn't sure how many rolls the dough would yield so I made 14. The rolls were about the size of a hamburger roll. They were easy to make and FABULOUS! Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

A Versatile Dough - Hoagie Roll on You Tube

Mix 2 pkg. yeast, 1 T sugar and ½ c warm water, let set for 5 minutes. Add 1/3 c oil. Then add 3 c AP Flour and 3 c Bread Flour, 3 T sugar, 2t salt,

1 ½ c warm water. Mix the dough by hand or in a stand mixer with a dough hook. If needed add ½ c all-purpose flour to knead the dough. Let the dough double in a greased bowl. Punch down and shape dough into sub rolls, hot dog buns or hamburger buns. Let double and Bake at 400* for 20 mintues. Oven baking times may vary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R00rQwwBFX4

Respected Contributor

MeezerPleezer glad you loved the rolls. I usually make 15 rolls for a pan. I also use this dough to make cinnamon rolls. It was the first yeast dough I ever made. A family friend, Ruth, always made me cinnamon rolls for my birthday. So when I got older I wanted to learn how to make them. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy