Honored Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I do have one metal pan that will produce  pretty individual cakes (all the same design)  or large muffins but always had trouble getting the baked good out of the pan,  that's why I thought silicone would be the answer and the different designs were really nice.

When I have time I will try my metal pan again and make sure to grease and flour a bit more than I usually do.

Honored Contributor

I love baking cookies on my silicone baking sheets; they are one of my favorite purchases from QVC.   Cookies do not stick and I just wipe the silicone off and put it away.   

I feel sure a silicone cake pan will work, but think you have to be prepared the cake may not just release and fall out of the pan, but need some work on your part to remove the cake which has firmly molded to the shape of the pan.   

Respected Contributor

I upgraded to Trudeau Structure Silicone Pro Standard Muffin Pan...Sur La Table.  Much better release than my original silicone muffin pan and needs no sheet pan underneath it. Capture.JPG

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Yes things remove easily from silicone. I have some silicone muffin cups. Nothing has ever sticked to them.

The problem is getting your pan to the oven after filling it. Might work better if baked on a cookie sheet or at least brought over to the oven on one to get it in the oven easier.

This is the problem. I had a large  quantity of them thinking what a great idea. Gave them all away.

Honored Contributor

Well I have a few silicone things and I spray all of them first--then you have to let them cool for a bit then it releases better----

Frequent Contributor

I tried a couple of baking pieces and liked the release especially the muffin pan.  I did not like that the pan seemed to hold oil in the silicone.  I would wash it in the sink, what I thought was thoroughly clean, but when I would take it out to use again, there were 12 circles of oil wherever it sat on the countertop.  Decided it wasn't cleaning up very well and donated it.  However, I have other silicone steamers that I love for reheating leftovers or cooking vegetables in the microwave.