Honored Contributor

Baked today on this rainy Monday

Been looking at these zucchini's sitting on my counter -- was originally making a zucchini dish but changed to zucchini nut bread.

Rainy day so baking seemed to be a fun thing to do!  Haven't made it in years and smells so good!

3570708A-DEFB-4796-9A66-9AD7529B9F18.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Baked today on this rainy Monday

YUM!!! I will be right over. LOL!!! We need a screen that you can pass a piece on over. I'm hungry have not ate yet.

Love Zucchini bread. It's so good.

Been wanting to try this recipe I found online but as of yet have not.

Zucchini Bars

1 c. honey
1/2 c. (canola) oil or butter
3 eggs
2 c. wheat flour
2 c. zucchini grated
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. quick oats
1 c. nuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix in order given. Beat well and pour into a 15" x 10" pan and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!!!  You get A++!!!!!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Love zucchini bread! Year before last we had so many zucchinis is the garden I was baking every couple of days. The guys down at the Am Legion loved to see my DH beause he always had several loaves with him.

Trusted Contributor

I feel so guilty! I found a recipe that looked really good for zucchini bread and it made 2 loaves, so I had planned to give one to the doggy day care woman when I dropped off my dog. Well, I had one bite of it, ended up cutting it in slices and made her a plate with half a loaf! It was really good.

I found it on All Recipes and it is called Mom's Zucchini Bread. I had some chopped dates, so I put those in there, too.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ 

Dont feel guilty I did the same thing!!!  Decided to give a few slices to my friend who always "shares" her baking with us.  Then guess my other friend had the same idea (we don't know what to do when it rains😉) she made pecan coffee cake dropped off.

Of course, I cut her a few slices.  I had 1/4 left -- I nibbled on it while cooking dinner & hubby did too.  He doesn't even like zucchini😮

The recipe is the same one from Allrecipes.  Delicious😋😋😋and I needed to stop eating it🤐🤐

The other loaf I sliced and froze.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 @Lisa now in AZ @froggy @ECBG 

Wanted to come back to post Britbrit13 Chocolate Zucchini Cake if anyone might want to try it. It's really good too. When I made it I made a chocolate glaze to put on top.

Valued Contributor
Britbrit13

Chocolate zucchini cake, DELICIOUS!!!

I make this every year, I have posted it before...I thought id re post it for for some of our new comers and anyone that missed it the first time...

My family just loves this cake, so moist...I have been making it for years!!!

Chocolate zucchini cake

3 c shredded zucchini
1 c oil
1 3/4 c Sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 c flour
4 tbs cocoa
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
chocolate chips about 1 cup
Mix all wet together till blended well. mix together dry and add to wet ingredients. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. bake at 350 35-45 min.

I like to add chocolate frosting or make it plain or and sprinkle with powder sugar......very good.

Respected Contributor

Your zucchini bread looks wonderful!  

I baked with zucchini yesterday, and made Zucchini Muffins (DH's favorite).

The recipe is from the Luby's Cafeteria Cookbook. I always add 1/4 cup of milk to the recipe, to make the thick battter easier to work with.

These are great when made with fresh Texas pecans, but walnuts are also good, or you can leave out the nuts.

Zucchini Muffins

Makes 10 large muffins (or 11 or 12 muffiins if you want)

Preheat oven to 350º. Grease muffin tins well, or spray with PAM (I use foil liners, which I spray lightly with PAM).

1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup pecan pieces
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded unpeeled zucchini (I use the large grater holes)

In a large bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (through cinnamon).

In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vanilla, eggs and milk. Fold

in zucchini.

Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until moistened.

Spoon into muffin tins.

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Cool in pan a few minutes, then remove to rack to finish cooling.

*Takes 30 minutes in my oven.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@peachesncream 

Thanks for posting the muffin recipe. We love muffins so I will have to try these.