Valued Contributor

Well I tried this today and believe me it took longer than 8 minutes to get the brown. 

Kinda like a cake bagel. I will stick to Panera or Einstein’s for bagels. I am going to try this dough for cinnamon rolls though.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bagels with two I gredients

I'm going to try it eventually.  I'm looking for that Everything Bagel spice.  Amazon had it but it cost too much.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I'm going to try it eventually.  I'm looking for that Everything Bagel spice.  Amazon had it but it cost too much.

@Mmsfoxxie, Trader Joe's sells iyt dor $1.99/

Honored Contributor

Thanks @vabreeze, I know.  But Trader Joe is so far from me at a busy shopping center, unfortunately.  If Amazon's price wasn't so high, it would be cheaper to pay the postage for it but not pay a much higher price plus postage.  It wasn't a Prime item, last I looked.  I'm going to check at a later date.  Sometimes things go 'Prime' later.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I'm going to try it just to see how it turns out. I bought the ******e yogurt today, so I'll try them tomorrow.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw (almost) the same recipe doing an online search today and the sites recommened 1 cup full fat yogurt and 2.5 cups self rising flour.   Got really good reviews - I was thinking of making it a pizza dough. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie:  it's also on Ebay.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie We don't have a Trader Joe's either. Here is a DIY Everything Bagel Seasoning I found online.

Ingredients
  • 4 Tbl dried onion flake
  • 4 Tbl dried minced garlic
  • 4 Tbl white sesame seeds
  • 4 Tbl black sesame seeds
  • 4 Tbl poppy seeds
  • 1 Tbl Maldon Sea Salt Flakes- Amazon

Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350F, rack in the middle.
  2. On a rimmed baking sheet add both types of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced garlic and minced onion.
  3. Use a spatula and just give it a quick stir to mix. Spread the mixture out evenly on the pan and pop it in the oven.
  4. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until everything is golden brown and toasted. Do not burn.
  5. Remove from the oven and place the mixture onto a platter or heat-safe dish.
  6. Allow to cool completely, add in the salt, mix and store in an air tight jar in a cool dry place.

Toast the seeds, dried onions and garlic.  Trust me on this.  By toasting them all you make the flavors “bloom” and the seasoning blend becomes richer with a deeper flavor.

Ingredients listed on Traders Joe's site.

Sesame Seeds, Sea Salt Flakes, Dried Minced Garlic, Dried Minced Onion, Black Sesame Seeds, Poppy Seeds.

Honored Contributor

@Elom This was the info. I found. It has 8 mins & flip over to air fry another 3-4 mins. Cook time is what Meredith said while her & Jill were making them in a different video I watched on FB.

Video of Jill making them but the recipe is made in the oven so you would have to convert time/temp to make in the Air Fryer.

https://www.facebook.com/JillBauerQVC/videos/10155993872977305/

Jill used 1/2 c Fa'ge Greek non-fat Yogurt & 1/2  c self rising flour to make 2 bagels. 

Mix yogurt & flour together, dump out onto floured board

shape & roll around to form ball, no need for kneading

Break into 2 balls, take fingers to form hole in center & form bagel

Brush with egg white wash & sprinkle with Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe's or seasoning of your choice.

Air Fryer Cook Time 8 mins flip over cook 3-4 more mins on 350° 

Oven Cook Time 20-25 mins @375°

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz, thanks so much for sharing that recipe but someone at my WW mtg shared it or something similar but I didn't want to find all of those unfamiliar ingredients, lol.  It would make way more than I would use and in the long run call me more.  Then again, I might find more things to use it for, maybe.  I appreciate you!