Respected Contributor

Re: Bagels delayed and not fresh, would I be a jerk to ask for refund?

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

@KatieB, yes, for bagels that are shipped directly and made with no preservatives, two days makes a huge difference! And, yes, she should get a refund.

I also got the Landies pretzels and most were broken, and one was completely out of the bag and crumbled all over. I was going to give these in packages, but because they were mostly broken, I couldn't. Now, that wouldn't stop me from eating them (even though that was not the intent), so I called and asked for a PARTIAL refund, but she just gave me a complete refund. THEN I started to eat one, and the pretzel was stale (the chocolate was yummy, though!) So, I guess it was good that I already had the refund.

My answer to OP question would still be a yes.  And you're griping over a broken pretzel.. Give me a break... SMH 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bagels delayed and not fresh, would I be a jerk to ask for refund?

@Silkeej wrote:

I order from Just Bagels all the time, they send them 2nd day air and are fresh baked from the bakery not QVC. I can't find real NY bagels out here on the West Coast they are more like french bread texture. As soon as they arrive I keep out what I want and freeze the rest. I've never had a problem.

Born and raised in NY and had the BEST bagels. I've been in California for many years - and find Costco's bagels good. Recently I went to Aldi's and they had plain bagels and everything-on-it bagels. I bought both and they were very good.I keep a few out in a LocknLock - and cut the rest in half -- and freeze them in a LocknLock.