Trusted Contributor

I have found that a little square of whole bacon, cut in several slits, but not thru it, and quick fried renders enough fat to flavor many foods, and then I will add this to beans, or greens, or whatever, and people just choose not to eat the little square, without thinking that the flavor of the food actually comes from the rendered bacon fat, or just add it into the pot, and let it flavor this way, and remove the little square so no one realizes.........{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Super Contributor

I don't have bacon dripping when I "cook" bacon.

Once every other month, I would enjoy 1 or 2 slices of nice, crispy bacons.

I "cook" my bacons in microwave. Lay 2 napkins flat on microwavable dish, lay 1 or 2 slices of bacon on the napkins, lay 1 napkin flat on top of the bacon(s). Put in microwave for 2 minutes, and, voila, bacon came out crispy, and flat.... no grease.

Respected Contributor
I have a can of it in the freezer ... Wish I could pass it on!
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Just saw a local TV ""chef"" make a scallop recipe today that called for bacon drippings. She then added some white wine to make the sauce.

Respected Contributor
On 3/5/2014 AuntG said:

Just saw a local TV "chef" make a scallop recipe today that called for bacon drippings. She then added some white wine to make the sauce.

Cook a little garlic and onions in bacon fat, add red wine, tomato product, sprinkle of crushed red pepper and it's an amazing, easy sauce.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I've got some bacon grease in a jar on my stove. I don't use it - want mine? lol.. When the jar gets a bit full I toss it.

Regular Contributor

Can't imagine a kitchen without a mason jar full of bacon grease! Oh my!!! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Yes, you have to fry or bake the bacon...no easy way out on this one.

Respected Contributor

I generally buy a couple pkgs of bacon ends and pieces and render it like lard. Then I freeze it in silicone cups and use as I need.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Thank you all so much for the replies.

Honored Contributor

My grandmother used to keep an old coffee can under the sink with bacon grease in it but the only thing I ever saw her do with it was fry eggs.