Super Contributor

BIO CLEANER -- DOES IT WORK FOR YOU AS DEMONSTRATED ON TV?

[ Edited ]

Happy and Blessed Easter Sunday to everyone.

I saw the demo of the Bio Cleaner -- V33224, for $26.00 on the ITKWD Show today. I have seen the live demonstrations many times, but today I was really considering purchasing this product, but noticed the product has a rating of 2.5 stars which is pretty bad in my opinion.

Almost all of the bad reviews stated that the product did not perform as demonstrated, many saying it was like cleaning with water. Also, I found that the bad reviews seemed very realistic sounding​ and were very specific about what the cleaner did not clean well in their homes while the five star reviews sounded somewhat generic and rather fake.

Wanted to hear from anyone here who has bought and used this product from QVC and what did you think of it. I know you all don't pull any punches, so good, bad, or in between, all experiences/reviews are welcome.

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BIO CLEANER -- DOES IT WORK FOR YOU AS DEMONSTRATED ON TV?

[ Edited ]

I too caught the demo a little while ago and almost ordered it but went and read the reviews first. Geez, talk about confusing and contradictory reviews! It's either a complete waste of your money or it's the best thing since peanut butter! I decided not to take a chance on it.

Trusted Contributor

@ChazzyLady @shaggygirl

I've been using the spray and the paste for a couple of years now.  The spray smells great and leaves things very clean and sparkling.  The paste is good for tough cleaning jobs and works very well.  The only thing that it doesn't do is take off burned on grease in your oven.  They make it appear as if it will clean your oven, but it leaves a lot to be desired in that area.  I love using it.  Makes my bathrooms shine.  

Super Contributor

Thanks @shaggygirl for your input. That was my reaction to the reviews as well.  I don't think I'll take a chance on it either, especially like you said, the reviews are either perfect for everything or say it's completely useless.

@shaggygirl wrote:

I too caught the demo a little while ago and almost ordered it but went and read the reviews first. Geez, talk about confusing and contradictory reviews! It's either a complete waste of your money or it's the best thing since peanut butter! I decided not to take a chance on it.

Super Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

@ChazzyLady @shaggygirl

I've been using the spray and the paste for a couple of years now.  The spray smells great and leaves things very clean and sparkling.  The paste is good for tough cleaning jobs and works very well.  The only thing that it doesn't do is take off burned on grease in your oven.  They make it appear as if it will clean your oven, but it leaves a lot to be desired in that area.  I love using it.  Makes my bathrooms shine.  

Really appreciate your review @luv-the-Q. This helps me a lot since it's the grease cutting and oven cleaning, in particular the stuff that builds up on the glass doors of regular ovens and toaster ovens, I wanted​ to use it for, so I won't be ordering it.

Makes me wonder a couple of things though. First, why does QVC keep presenting a product that has such a low rating? Money maker, right? Been watching the Q for a long time and it used to be that a product with consistently​ low ratings would be yanked. Secondly, how in the world does that guy get such great results on air? I guess just a little on air hocus pocus, LOL!

Thanks again.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

What started this was that the Campanelli paste wasn't available; I bought both the liquid (two jugs!!) and the paste.  Neither did anything for me. 

I watched the demonstration and bought 4 tubs of the paste last summer when it was on sale.  It's "myeh" on daily cleaning.  Then I burned spagetti sauce overflow onto the glass top of the stove and didn't want to use a razor blade on it.  I tried and tried with the Bio paste to get the residue off.  Nothing.  Ended up using a razor blade (carefully!!!!) and lots of boiling water with baking soda/vinegar.  Whew!!  Moral:  three full tubs, one partial tub sitting in the back pantry waiting for the summer garage sale.

Bio Liquid -- I mixed according to directions; nothing.  I doubled the concentrage; nothing.  Moral:  one full jug; one slightly used jug sitting in the back pantry waiting for the summer garage sale.

I went directly to the Campanelli web, ordered a CASE and now I'm set!!

Honored Contributor

Hasn't worked so great for me.  I tried it on the drip pans with burnt on residue.  They're cleaner with a lot of scrubbing, but could probably get as good or better result from and SOS pad if I'm not concerned about scratching.  It does fine for the stainless steel sink, but so does Barkeeper's Friend.

That's really all I tried it on.  However, those waffle weave towels they had bundled with it did a wonderful job on my full-lenght mirror closet doors in the bathroom that get overspray from my hair products including hair spray.  I had originally planned to try to use the paste on those as well, but tried just a wet towel followed by a dry towel.  You do have to use elbow grease, but I have even tried steam on these mirrors in the past and was unable to get all the little droplets of hairspray off.  IMG_20170405_184912117.jpg

Super Contributor

@forest4thetrees wrote:

What started this was that the Campanelli paste wasn't available; I bought both the liquid (two jugs!!) and the paste.  Neither did anything for me. 

I watched the demonstration and bought 4 tubs of the paste last summer when it was on sale.  It's "myeh" on daily cleaning.  Then I burned spagetti sauce overflow onto the glass top of the stove and didn't want to use a razor blade on it.  I tried and tried with the Bio paste to get the residue off.  Nothing.  Ended up using a razor blade (carefully!!!!) and lots of boiling water with baking soda/vinegar.  Whew!!  Moral:  three full tubs, one partial tub sitting in the back pantry waiting for the summer garage sale.

Bio Liquid -- I mixed according to directions; nothing.  I doubled the concentrage; nothing.  Moral:  one full jug; one slightly used jug sitting in the back pantry waiting for the summer garage sale.

I went directly to the Campanelli web, ordered a CASE and now I'm set!!

Oh no, I am so sorry you wasted not only your time but your money on that stuff @forest4thetrees. That's so awful and frustrating. I have to say that I had actually considered purchasing that product too! Geez, I'm sure if you bothered to contact the company they would probably blame you for not understanding how to use their product. And to top it all off, the Bio Cleaner was a bust as well!?

Thank you so much for your review of these apparently quite awful products. Shame on both them and QVC.

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Hasn't worked so great for me.  I tried it on the drip pans with burnt on residue.  They're cleaner with a lot of scrubbing, but could probably get as good or better result from and SOS pad if I'm not concerned about scratching.  It does fine for the stainless steel sink, but so does Barkeeper's Friend.

That's really all I tried it on.  However, those waffle weave towels they had bundled with it did a wonderful job on my full-lenght mirror closet doors in the bathroom that get overspray from my hair products including hair spray.  I had originally planned to try to use the paste on those as well, but tried just a wet towel followed by a dry towel.  You do have to use elbow grease, but I have even tried steam on these mirrors in the past and was unable to get all the little droplets of hairspray off.  IMG_20170405_184912117.jpg

Thanks​ @Icegoddess.  Wow, I keep having to say so sorry to everyone here who was ripped off by trusting the makers of this stuff and QVC. Sorry this happened to you too. At least you got some use out of the towels but I am sure you would be even happier if their main product actually worked!

Funny you mentioned SOS Pads since after reading all of the responses I was thinking about just trying an old school product call Bon Ami. It may work on oven doors, it may not but it's way cheaper than their useless junk, can definitely be used on other surfaces, and won't cost me any shipping and handling, LOL!

Honored Contributor

Well @ChazzyLady, you know, hope springs eternal.

@forest4thetrees, does the Campanelli product work that much better than the BioCleaner?  (There's that hope again).