Respected Contributor

Awesome Step by Step Book for the Instant Pot

FEDB1EE1-4D2E-4620-8C05-96BB42C234C2.jpeg

This book is sold on Amazon and it takes you through step by step from the time you purchase it to all models of the Instant Pot and sizes. It walks you through any errors that may come on the screen. I have had an Instant Pot 6qt and 3qt for a year and have learned so many things that were helpful to me. It is less than $13.00 and well worth the money.

My daughter bought three books to give with the Instant Pots she bought for Christmas gifts. Everyone loved the addition of the book.

This was written by a man that grew up learning to cook from his grandmother. Amazing book and has color photos for the recipes and tells you what to use for your specific Instant Pot.

He definitely did his research. Check it out.

Regular Contributor

Re: Awesome Step by Step Book for the Instant Pot

You can find him along with tons of video clips of him cooking his recipes on You Tube. Do a search for Pressure Luck.  His recipes are great and he is fun to watch.  Having grown up on the East coast, I can relate to a lot of his humor and his East coast accent!!!!

Honored Contributor

Oops.gifThought the topic was about something else. whistling.gif

Carry on............

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

I am going to check this out.  I lost the instruction manual and paperwork that came with my Instant Pot and have never used it.  I was told that I could find everything online, but I don't have a printer right now so I'm stuck.  I was about to call their customer service to see if I could get a hard copy of everything, but it sounds like this book covers all models.  It has very high ratings on Amazon.

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Northern Belle 2 I have lots of cookbooks and this is the best pressure cooker book anyone would ever need for the Instant Pots. I am sure it could help anyone with any type of pressure cooker also.

It like going to Kindergarten and then graduating from High School with all the info in it.

It does baby steps so everyone understands what he is saying as there are photos on every page. The author definitely did his research and loves what he does. 

He does have some videos on You Tube as stated by @retiredatlast but there is nothing like a hard copy book to refer back on.
Let us know how you like it. The book is out of stock sometimes so glad you could get it.

Trusted Contributor

@MKR14  Whats your favorite recipe that you have made in your instant pot so far?  

Respected Contributor

I love the pot roast in it.  I also make my Mac and cheese and then put it in a pan and bake in my Breville oven to brown the top. Both are delicious and quick to make. Soup is so easy and quick. I made Chicken Soup in 6 minutes.You can make baked potatoes in it also.

The Step by Step Book I posted has amazing recipes and easy to follow. I cook macaroni in it and it only takes about 5 minutes. You can make spaghetti in it.
Mine sautés and that is nice. I have the Duo Plus 7-in-1 Instant Pot and love it. I bought it on QVC but I don't think they have it anymore. Mine has a self sealing lid so you don't have to turn the knob on top to seal the pressure and I love that feature. Also has a place to put the lid on either side.

If you get this book I think you will find easy recipes you would love. You can hit sample for Look Inside the book at one of the pages. I hit "surprise me" and it gives you random 

pages to look at. You can keep doing this for other pages to view.

Trusted Contributor

@MKR14  I make a bean blend in our ip, kidney, black beans, pinto beans and cook for 30 minutes, so good, thank you for replying, it's good to know a how to book is available. 

Super Contributor

Jeffrey Eisner of Pressure Luck Cooking and author of The Step by Step Instant Pot Cookbook is an absolute delight. Watch his many videos on You Tube. I don't think there's a more enthusiastic Instant Pot user than Jeffrey. His book is wonderful too and really takes the reader by the hand. Be ssure and find his website as well.

I'd also like to recommend another pressure cooker blogger and cookbook author. In my opinion, Barbara Schieving is the best pressure cooker blogger on the Internet. Her recipes just "work." I've made many of them and never had one we didn't enjoy. She's also very responsive to reader's question. Look for Pressure Cooking Today. Also check out her book,  The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: 200 Fast and Foolproof Recipes for Every Brand of Electric Pressure Cooker.

Purchase those 2 books and you've got it made. 

Super Contributor

I love Jeffrey's pot roast recipe as well.