Honored Contributor

Re: Authentic gourmet croissants

I thought they were ok.  It might be more that I'm probably just not much of a croissant person than anything about the actual product.  But the ones I've eaten were perfectly good.

I had purchased the ones they had early on.  They arrive flat and puff up when you bake them.   This was several, or more, years ago and I actually still have some of them from when I got AD.    What I did was to vacuum-seal them in packets of two.  Since they are vac-sealed, after all these years, they are still perfectly good.  I baked a couple of them a few weeks ago and you'd never know they were in the freezer for many years.

The ones I really loved were the ones that came filled with raspberry and lemon.  Half were raspberry and half were lemon.  They were awesome!  I actually vac-sealed those (one of each per pack) and recently found some in one of my freezers.  Woot!  Smiley Happy   By far, those were my favs.  I don't think they've had those for quite a few years now.

Valued Contributor

I have been on auto delivery for these for years and my husband and I LOVE them. They are OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!  Light and very flaky; would not be without them, ever.  Just got notice my next shipment is on its way!!! An easy and delicious breakfast!!!  Quality has been consistently great for years!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply. I think you have talked me into it!

Respected Contributor

Williams Sonoma has frozen ones that are fabulous.  They have a nice variety of size and type.

Trader Joes also has a nice selection and they are great too.   I've had both and prefer TJ because you don't have to thaw them out the night before.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered these, based on what ya'll said and the fact I just wanted to see if they were anywhere close to what I had at Cheddars. My UPS guy brought my package earlier today. I just baked two of these and they are so, so delicious. I'm gonna have to take a few frozen ones to my folks. YUM!

I have never had anything like this, that I didn't get in a restaurant.

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat - Welcome to the fan club! I'm glad you're enjoying the croissants. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@happycat - Welcome to the fan club! I'm glad you're enjoying the croissants. Smiley Very Happy

Thank you!