Esteemed Contributor

Authentic gourmet croissants

I am the fence on these. We have ate a Cheddars Restaurnat, where they give us the wonderful croissants, and I have no idea if they are made in hourse or bought frozen, but they are so good.

Do those of you who have got the authentic gourmet croissants think they are worth it? The reviews seem split right down the middle. There are about as many 1 stars and there are 5 stars on what I was thinking of ordering. A lot of money to me, if we don't like them.

What do you think? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Authentic gourmet croissants

one of the best food products i have ever ordered from qvc.

i have purchased both the smaller ones and the larger ones.

i love being able to make them "on demand" and fresh.

they are light, flaky, and buttery.

i did have an issue with one delivery. over half of the croissants were broken. i called qvc and they gave me a full refund on that box.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

We love them, love them, LOVE THEM and feel that they're worth every penny. Like @sunshine45, we've tried both the mini and large (used to be a bit larger) options and enjoy them both for different purposes. We have had them on auto-delivery for a few years now, and I think there would be revolts at Easter and Thanksgiving at this point if we didn't serve them.

But one of the best things about ordering from QVC is that if a food product doesn't meet your expectations, you can request a partial or full refund. You really have nothing to lose and all kinds of deliciousness to gain.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

We love the croissants, both mini and large, and have ordered them for years.  Right now I am on auto-delivery for the minis.

Esteemed Contributor

I  am not crazy about them ... I have them in the freezer just in case I feel like I need something small to eat ... they are very overpriced & would not order them again... I rather have an english muffin 😄

Esteemed Contributor

Try them.............you'll never know until you do.

I've ordered twice - once for winter backup........but I'm done with them.  English Muffin for me too.

Respected Contributor

@happycat  I love them and have ordered them several times.  

Just make sure they stay frozen, because if they start to defrost and you freeze them again, they freeze together and are a little difficult to separate, but possible by putting in microwave a few seconds. 

If you are in a very warm climate right now and they won't arrive frozen, I would wait unti the winter. 

But for the taste, they are very good and the house smells amazing while they are cooking.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't bring myself to pay that much. Now that Costco has few shortages, that's where I buy them, they absolutely have the best croissants.

Honored Contributor

We love them. We buy them every Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Contributor

This product is wonderful wish I could keep them in my freezer full time. They are absoulutly delicious ans I would not hestitate to order them. You can tell they are from France...the hardest part is waiting for them to cook.