Esteemed Contributor

Authentic Gourmet mini croissants are back!

Over the past couple of years, I know several of us here in the forums have expressed interest in the return of these lovelies, so I was excited to see that they're back as a Today's Bonus Buy! There are three ship weeks available plus auto-delivery options:

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/todays-bonus-buy.html

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Authentic Gourmet mini croissants are back!

Note: I just heard Jen Kovich say you can baste the croissants with olive oil toward the end of the baking time if you want them to be more savory. DON'T DO THAT! Not only will you lose some of the "puffing power" of the pastry by opening the oven door early, but you will also end up with a greasy mess because the croissants are already sooo buttery. I'm sure this was just one of those things that pops into your head when you've been presenting an item for 20 minutes, but it is definitely not a good idea.

Honored Contributor

They are delish and I used to get them for years on auto-delivery. However, DH and I haven't had any since we changed our lifestyle...over 3 years ago now.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc - I agree about not opening the oven door while these are baking.  The instructions even say not to do that!  I have the regular size on A/D, so I won't be ordering the minis, but I couldn't even find any nutritional information about them to compare to the ones I get (e.g. calories, weight).

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia - It seems like Authentic Gourmet has been changing the sizes/weights of its croissants over the years, so I can't be certain of all the details for this newest set. However, on air they mentioned that these minis are 90 calories, if that is helpful. And if you're really interested, I actually still have the baking insert from the last batch of minis I ordered, so I could provide some details from that; just let me know. (But hopefully QVC will upload a "Nutrition Information" file for this new offering soon.)

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc - Yes, I'd appreciate whatever information you have.  I just checked and still nothing online.

The ones I have are the larger croissants (140 calories each).  The A/D was $69.50 for 50 croissants.

The Best Buy would be less expensive for I just wonder how small they really are.  I'll see if I can find a presentation; there's no video yet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia - Since ITKWM is four hours today, I'm sure they'll present the minis at least one more time if not two more times, so stay tuned if you can (and they'll probably post the earlier presentation video soon). I'll dig out that nutritional insert and share details here later this afternoon...

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc - I managed to find a video with Mary hosting and I can see that these are really small compared to the ones I'm currently getting, so I'll stick with those.

But thanks for your help with this!  Smiley Happy