Honored Contributor

Anybody have any of Aunt Bee's cookbooks? I see a new 1 is coming out Feb. 25th and Amazon has listed one from 2000 and a few others.

I don't care about the show just wanted to know if the book had good old time recipes in them.

Regular Contributor

Re: Aunt Bee's cookbooks

[ Edited ]

I have one from long ago, probably the 2000 one. It has some good recipes in it. But I mostly bought it just because it was Aunt Bea's Cookbook. I need to take another look at it!

Honored Contributor

yeah, in today's Sunday paper was going on how the latest one was hitting the shelves the 25th. I can probably peruse it at Cracker Barrel. Should be good ol' country type eating.

I laughed when I saw one of the reviews that said :

back in a gentler time when people wasn't afraid of a carb or butter or sugar or meat. LOL

that's kind of cookbook I want not just one for salads and sugar free jello LOL

Honored Contributor

The Mayberry Aunt Bee? I have an old one based on the TV show.

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG 

It's a revised edition of the same book that came out in 1991.  I found it at Dollar Tree a few years ago and got it for my Mom who grew up watching Andy Griffith.  

A revised edition of “Aunt Bee’s Mayberry Cookbook” (, $17.99, Thomas Nelson) by Jim Clark and Ken Beck will be released Feb. 25.

The book, with recipes edited by Julia M. Pitkin, was first published in 1991. It features more than 300 mostly Southern recipes associated with “The Andy Griffith Show” and in particular the character of Aunt Bee Taylor.

Along with a recipe for the infamous “kerosene cucumbers” are such recipes as Clara’s Nesselrode Pie, Thelma Lou’s Neighborly Popovers, Flora’s Meat Loaf Malherbe, Ernest T’s Possum and Sweet Taters, Goober’s Secret Spaghetti Sauce and Aunt Bee’s Apple Pie.

The new edition has been reformatted. Photos have been rescanned for higher resolution, and recipes have been reedited for clarity.

“Aunt Bee’s Mayberry Cookbook” is available through most bookstores and online book retailers.

Honored Contributor

I had a copy at one time, but was either stuff I wouldn't make or wouldn't need a recipe for if I made it.  Out it went. 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy it sight unseen. Gonna wait till I see it at Cracker Barrel and check it out.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE I need another cookbook like I need my hair to go grey !! Cute was great when I was young and healthy.

Respected Contributor

I have one from a long time ago.  I'll have to find it and check the date on it.  I think it had pics of Andy and Barney in it as well as Aunt Bea and Opie.