Respected Contributor

August 22 Today is NATIONAL SPUMONI DAY and EAT A PEACH DAY !!!

HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Re: August 22 Today is NATIONAL SPUMONI DAY and EAT A PEACH DAY !!!

I will. I have been eating peaches every day for breakfast or lunch for the past month. We have already bought 4 cases or peaches. 1 cs Ok peaches & 3 cs Colorado peaches. Made peach jam, put it on pork loin we smoked on the grill, peach smoothies etc. Cut up a lot of peaches up for smoothies. DH put some in the dehydrator. Gave some jam & peaches to the in-laws. YUM!!! Love peaches. Want to make some homemade peach ice cream.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

I love Spumoni but don't think I can find it anywhere around here unfortunately (Oklahoma). It must be a northern treat because I remember eating it growing up in Ohio.

Trusted Contributor

Ahhh, yes, Google always comes in handy -

Spumone (from spuma or "foam"), plural spumoni, is a molded Italian ice cream made with layers of different colors and flavors, usually containing candied fruits and nuts.

Typically it is of three flavors, with a fruit/nut layer between them. The ice cream layers are often mixed with whipped cream. Cherry, pistachio, and either chocolate or vanilla are the typical flavors of the ice cream layers, and the fruit/nut layer often contains cherry bits—causing the traditional red/pink, green, and brown color combination. It is popular in places with large Italian immigrant populations such as the United States and Argentina. August 21 is National Spumoni Day in the United States.

Honored Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Shogirl said:

Ahhh, yes, Google always comes in handy -

Spumone (from spuma or "foam"), plural spumoni, is a molded Italian ice cream made with layers of different colors and flavors, usually containing candied fruits and nuts.

Typically it is of three flavors, with a fruit/nut layer between them. The ice cream layers are often mixed with whipped cream. Cherry, pistachio, and either chocolate or vanilla are the typical flavors of the ice cream layers, and the fruit/nut layer often contains cherry bits—causing the traditional red/pink, green, and brown color combination. It is popular in places with large Italian immigrant populations such as the United States and Argentina. August 21 is National Spumoni Day in the United States.

That sounds yummy. I have never heard of it. I'm in Ok too. On the other hand I love Gelato.

Super Contributor

I had spumoni in San Diego last year and it was fantastic. Wish I could find it here.