Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: @Sooner Re: Nespresso

@NickNack  LOL!!! Yes, water can be somewhat troublesome!  BUT worth it isn't it?

Now you can get the pods so many places, however, my hubby and I both agree that nothing comes close to the Nespresso ones and Illy!  I got my start on the green colored pod, Capricio I think?  Can't remember how to spell it!  And it is still sort of my favorite for an espresso.

I also love the Carmelito (forgive my spelling on these--I get so confused among them!) for milk drinks, and the new Nordic versions are all excellent and maybe my new favorites.  Matter of fact there aren't many I don't like!

I am glad you are enjoying the machine!  Happy sipping! 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach LOL!!!  Feel free to ask me anything about the Nespressos!  We have had a number of machines at work and at home.

My husband would only drink coffee when I bought my first one (me who won't touch coffee but like espresso and milk and coffee).  Now he uses it about as much as I do--which always surprises me! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   Have you every tried any of the "crafted for milk" capsules?  I wish I had added some to my order.  I got two sample capsules with the gift I got with my machine, but they were for the Vertuo line.  It was definitely the Original line gift, so I think it was a mistake.   One of the gifts that I got was for ordering 17 sleeves of capsules, which I didn't do.  I think I lucked out by calling my order in.  

Also, have you tried their chocolates?  There's so many good chocolates I'll probably never order them, but I am curious.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack LOL!!!  You are ahead of me already!  I haven't tried the crafted for milk ones, but I think I got a sample.  Sounds like the person who took your order was somewhat confused, but trying to be helpful.  You can always call them again.

I do LOVE the little metal cups made in the Pixie line!  I have some in all three sizes, and have used them as my bathroom cups!  They are sturdy and easy to keep clean and I throw them in the dishwasher sometimes.  

I'm hooked on See's chocolates and Trader Joe's chocolate covered cookies in the red tin at the moment!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   I ordered the View Recipe glasses.  I didn't have any clear glasses and thought it would be neat to see the drinks in the clear glass.  My order of capsules and recipe glasses should be here tomorrow (Wednesday).

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack Oh glasses!  You'll love them.   I LOVE glasses and I have a couple of the older recipe glasses and do use them!  I mostly use a taller Starbucks stainless tumbler with lid that I've had forever because it doesn't sweat--an issue in Oklahoma sometimes.

We also have some Picardie glasses from Williams Sonoma and other places that work well.  You might like those too for beverages and water.

They have those little egg-shaped cups on the Nespresso website too and my husband loves those.  Me not as much but he uses them often.  They concentrate the foam.

Nespresso has a lot of special offers and will e-mail you about ordering and free stuff!  Ha ha.  I have those little flat stainless stirring sticks too and have those in a little glass by the machine.  .  .Their shipping is fantastic.  Woman Embarassed  Woman Wink  I like "stuff!"  Ha ha

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Did you get an email from Nespresso with several offers?  I just purchased 12 sleeves and got a free Hawaii Kona sleeve and a box of dark chocolates.  The Hawaii Kona is so good!    I'll order them again.  The chocolates are very good, too.  This was a good deal when I would have eventually bought the capsules anyway.  I don't remember what the promo code was.  It didn't actually work, and I had to call the order in.  The customer service rep said they had had a lot of calls because it wasn't working.  I think the code was HOLIDAY19, but I could be wrong.  I am set for capsules for a long time.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack LOL!!  No, but I did take advantage of the big sale on accessories!  Got two of the black cappuccino cups, descaling kits and spoons (which I really like) plus MORE of the Nordic Almond pods.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE those! 

Thanks for the update!  Chocolate!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   I do like their accessories.  I love my View glasses.  I also love the Bonbonniere capsule storage that I got free with my machine.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Sooner   Have you ever had trouble with your Nespresso or the milk part of it?  Mine has started just putting water in instead of milk half the time when I'm making a latte machiatto or a cafe latte.

I called Nespresso customer service, and the woman I spoke with had me fill it up with milk and try it.  I told her that I knew it would work since I was talking with her, and that it did work half the time.  Of course it made the drink correctly.

She said that I was supposed to fill the milk part up every time I made a drink.  I told her I would be wasting a lot of milk that way.  She acted like I was crazy, and said I could just keep the milk in the refrigerator and I wouldn't waste it.  

I know she is wrong, because the brochure, which I've read two or three times, doesn't say a thing about filling the milk part each time.  It also says not to keep the milk in the refrigerator over two days.  Also, it still puts water out instead of milk some of the time even when the milk part is filled.

I wanted to ask you if anything like this has happened to you.

-Henry David Thoreau