Respected Contributor

Attn: Ice Cream Junkies! I Can't STOP!

[ Edited ]

I can't stop eating ice cream!  I'm driving myself nuts ... going out to the store everytime I run out -- and I'm on a diet.

I went from KLONDIKE to SKINNY COW brand, which isn't "bad", but I'm about ready to move on to the heavy duty stuff .. Breyers Pistachio and Ben and Jerry's.  Ugh!  Stop me please!

Anyone have any low-fat, calorie suggestions?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

Re: Attn: Ice Cream Junkies! I Can't STOP!

Have you tried Halo Top @RinaRina? It's lower in sugar and an entire pint of Birthday Cake flavor is 280 calories. (Not admitting to eating an entire pint! Just the facts, Ma'am!)  Sea salt caramel is another one I like..a LOT!  I buy them at Walmart. 

Honored Contributor

STOP going to the store, girl!    There.  Smiley Very Happy

I do keep several ice creams and sorbets on hand, but I only eat a little bit in any given day.  Sometimes two or three bites is plenty for me.  Sometimes I might eat 10 or 12 bites.   But I am able to stop myself (with ice cream - maybe not other things, however, so I understand).

Respected Contributor

Halo?  Great!  Going to WMT now!   Thanks!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

I can't stop eating ice cream!  I'm driving myself nuts ... going out to the store everytime I run out -- and I'm on a diet.

I went from KLONDIKE to SKINNY COW brand, which isn't "bad", but I'm about ready to move on to the heavy duty stuff .. Breyers Pistachio and Ben and Jerry's.  Ugh!  Stop me please!

Anyone have any low-fat, calorie suggestions?

I eat Enlightened. It is really good and I buy it from Sprouts. They have many flavors and they are low in calorie. They have bars and pints.  I tried Halo Top and it was not good. If you are going to get the good stuff try Tillamook or Blue Bunny.

Super Contributor

Ooh, RinaRina, I feel your pain! I, too, thoroughly enjoy a nice bowl of ice cream, but, alas! I am currently 11 weeks into Nutri-System (which, BTW, is WORKING - down 28.75 lbs) and the only thing I want to do more than jump into an entire vat of Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream is to reach my goal weight. The way I've been satisfying my craving for that icy, sweet, creamy treat is to make one of my "Nutri-Shakes", substituting non-fat milk instead of water (this counts as one daily power fuel), and adding 2 (counts as 1 daily extra) or 4 (counts as 2 daily extras) tbsp. of CoolWhip Lite. I blend it in my Ninja, freeze it for several hours . . . . and voila ! ! Not exactly ice cream, but it's close enough and it keeps me on my diet and keeps the lbs moving off my body !

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

For some reason this year I'm hooked on ice cream sandwiches. I like the ones with neopolitan ice cream, must stop !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

I love Halo Top. The peanut butter cup is my favorite. The key with Halo Top is you have to let it sit out and soften for the best flavor and texture.

Honored Contributor

Do you like bananas? If you do you could search banana flavor ice cream to find some recipes. You don't need an ice cream maker. Just use a blender or food processor. That should save some calories.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina  I have a (smallish) bowl of ice cream every evening.....even in the winter when it's 2 degrees.  That's how much I like ice cream.  I buy Edy's or Pierre's (they may be regional brands).  They both come in the "churned" version, which is much lower in calories than regular and still tastes really good.  When I taste full blown ice cream now, it tastes too rich!

Laura loves cats!