Trusted Contributor

Attention steak lovers. Rastelli, Kansas City Steak, or Omaha Steak Co.?

Hey steak lovers.  For Christmas I want to gift a box of filet mignon and ribeye steak to my house bound next door neighbors.   They both love steak.   Martha  is recovering from cancer.  Bob just had dental implants.

Which steak company do you recommend?  Best quality.

Thank you, and happy holidays.

Hung

Honored Contributor

Re: Attention steak lovers. Rastelli, Kansas City Steak, or Omaha Steak Co.?

I've purchased KC products for many years and always got quality products.

Since QVC got Rastelli, I've purchased some of their items and been extremely happy with the quality.

The only one I don't care for is Omaha.  The products always seemed to have a strenge 'off' taste about them, so I never went back.

Esteemed Contributor

Burgers from California Missouri. Yum yum yum

Trusted Contributor

I tried Kansas City and another mail order steak company and didn't care for the quality.  For the price I prefer to go to a local meat counter for Filets.  For a lot less money you should be able to get a higher quality product and package it into individual portions.

GMA deals has one for Omaha Steaks right now if you are interested in them

Respected Contributor

My family members raved that their KC gifts of varying types have all been wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I'm gifted every year KC steaks filet migons.  I'm not a steak lover  spouse is they are delicious.  Just rec'd our box yesterday from KC my spouse was excited.

Prior we were gifted for years Omaha steaks they have no comparison to a KC product.

Frequent Contributor

Wife and I have tried all three mentioned....KC, Omaha Steaks, and Rastellis.  Rastelli is the hands down winner, and not only for their beef.  Their pork ribeyes are the best piece of pork we've ever eaten.  Second is Omaha Steaks.  We've bought from them for years and never had a bad piece of beef. For us, KC was just so-so.