Honored Contributor

Re: Attention Curtis Stone Durapan Fans

@noodleann...your advice is appreciated.....I have not purchased cook ware in a very long time, and I really don't cook a lot but when I do cook I want quality pieces.  I will take a look at the C. Stone pans...again thank you!

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought Copper Chef but I did buy two fry pans of Gotham Steel from QVC.  Recently bought the 3 pc. set from Curtis Stone.  It is superior to the Gotham Steel.  I've donated my Cooks Essentials and will only buy Curtis Stone's cookware from  now on.  His cookie sheets are great too; they were not on air and are not in stock now.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@homedecor1...I am considering the Copper Chef pan set (TSV July 12)

I have the old cooks essentials and every thing sticks when I fry in those pans....do you have any experience the the Copper Chef pans?

I need to buy something!

@Mom2Dogs, excuse me for butting in, but I looked at the TSV and it looked pretty impressive. But then I looked at a piece that's been around for a bit, K45086, and the reviews were not good regarding how it wears with repeated use. I've never used this cookware myself, but based on those reviews, I'd be hesitant to buy.

Disclaimer: I'm an avowed Curtis Stone fan and am very happy with the way his cookware functions. Impeccable nonstick so far, easy cleanup, and even with the larger base diameter of the older shallow multipurpose pan (so it's not directly on the electric burner), I can lay out and cook an entire pound of bacon and every piece, all the way to the edges, is evenly cooked. That didn't happen in the old Green Pans.

Curtis will be back in September and then in November, from what they said during his last TS presentation.

Thanks for this @noodleann as now I have two things to look forward to in September . . . cooler weather and Curtis Stone! . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Amazon has the 5 pc turquoise set for 65, better than HSN. When I get my $10 Alexa credit from yesterday( hopefully I will ) I think I will order it. All the raves here make me want to try it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Amazon has the 5 pc turquoise set for 65, better than HSN. When I get my $10 Alexa credit from yesterday( hopefully I will ) I think I will order it. All the raves here make me want to try it.

I see the turquoise 5-piece set listed by Premier Appliance being sold for $59.99 with free shipping at the moment. Listing says there are 10 sets left. Good luck, this is a nice starter set.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 Guess I should have read the thread before ordering the same set from HSN yesterday with 20% off coupon. I paid $72 for the set. Still a good deal & the pieces I use most. I will also receive a few dollars cash back from Mr Rebates so the set actually cost me $70. I have no idea how long it would take to receive it since it does not ship from Amazon & don't know how it works on returns to another vendor besides Amazon. Not worth the hassle for me. I have not ordered from Amazon for a while since I'm not a prime member & their shipping is slow mo from China if you are not prime. LOL!!!

I keep saying 3 pc set when it's 5 pc. Guess I need to find lid helper since the reviews say the handles are not hot but the handles/knobs on lids are hot & you have to use a pot holder. I don't know why they make them like that now. Greed-Money

I returned my DuraPans. I used 1 of them & liked it but the set I bought was too small. 2 of the pans were suppose to be 10" or so wide buy the cooking surface only measures 8". Not big enough for the cooking I do. 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann Yes I saw in my wishlist today that the price went down. I better order tonight before they're gone. I'm going to use some AmEx reward points to reduce it even more. Already used my Alexa credit on something else. I'm only cooking for two, and very basic stuff. So it's really all I need. I would like a matching small saucepan, until then I'll use my Calphalon small one.

I'm a Prime member but I don't think it matters for this, it's not a Prime item. I think they gave me July 19-about the 25th or 26th as delivery dates. I'm usually very happy with non Prime delivery, it's usually items I don't need quickly. I'm definitely spoiled by Prime.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered the turquoise 5 pc set. Used $20 in AmEx points to bring it down to $39.99. Free shipping, no tax. They said the 20th to 25th for delivery. 

I also used Ebates but I don't think they give anything for kitchen on Amazon. It's only certain categories.

Looking forward to trying it. I would really like that turquoise lid holder too from HSN😯

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I just ordered the turquoise 5 pc set. Used $20 in AmEx points to bring it down to $39.99. Free shipping, no tax. They said the 20th to 25th for delivery. 

I also used Ebates but I don't think they give anything for kitchen on Amazon. It's only certain categories.

Looking forward to trying it. I would really like that turquoise lid holder too from HSN😯

It can be yours for just $14.99!

Plus $3.00 S&H and possibly sales tax. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@noodleann @momtochloe and everyone else.Free shipping on everything on hsn. Today only.

Uhoh...😇😈🍳