Valued Contributor

Re: Attention Curtis Stone Durapan Fans

[ Edited ]

Not to derail the thread but I recently bought the Deen Brothers (evine) 4 quart pan with steamer insert, rack and lid.  It is a very nice set.  Cooks well and even.  Cleanup is a cinch too.   I just bought it on a whim since it was a new thing for them, Paula's sons, and I wanted something with dual handles on the sides and some depth to it to control splatter.  I've cooked steaks, bacon, and salmon fillets in it so far.

Esteemed Contributor

Last time I looked these had really good reviews. I have a full set of All Clad but I do want an omelet/egg pan and maybe one or two bigger ones like the one here. That actually looks perfect. I like to have a few nonstick pans.

So you love his pans @momtochloe? What types of things do you make in them? Are they really as nonstick as they show? No peeling? No matter the brand or expense or using plastic utensils, I always would get scratches and peeling. I really babied all of my nonstick pans too. How are yours holding up? 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Last time I looked these had really good reviews. I have a full set of All Clad but I do want an omelet/egg pan and maybe one or two bigger ones like the one here. That actually looks perfect. I like to have a few nonstick pans.

So you love his pans @momtochloe? What types of things do you make in them? Are they really as nonstick as they show? No peeling? No matter the brand or expense or using plastic utensils, I always would get scratches and peeling. I really babied all of my nonstick pans too. How are yours holding up? 

Hi my friend @Irshgrl31201!  Yes, I love these pans as they both cook and clean up wonderfully.  I made chicken thighs glazed with a sticky jalepeno jam and you can literally wipe out the pan with a paper towel and you are good to go.  I don't abuse my pans but I will admit to occasionally stirring things around with a fork and no scratches or peeling.  CS has a truly different non-stick compound on his pans and for me it is substantial.  I think mine are heading into two years this coming holiday season so I am more than pleased.  Nice weight to them too.  I hope if you try them you like them as much as I do . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Hi my friend @Irshgrl31201!  Yes, I love these pans as they both cook and clean up wonderfully.  I made chicken thighs glazed with a sticky jalepeno jam and you can literally wipe out the pan with a paper towel and you are good to go.  I don't abuse my pans but I will admit to occasionally stirring things around with a fork and no scratches or peeling.  CS has a truly different non-stick compound on his pans and for me it is substantial.  I think mine are heading into two years this coming holiday season so I am more than pleased.  Nice weight to them too.  I hope if you try them you like them as much as I do . . . Smiley Happy

Hello @momtochloe, how are you? I hope everything is well with you!! Oh wow, these sound perfect. I have been eyeing these for a while and his reviews are always good. It doesn't seem to matter what brand I get for no stick, I have had no luck with them but these look different. 

What you cooked (sticky sauce) is the perfect test for it too. Just what I wanted to know. I want to get his baking sheets too but they are out right now so I will keep checking back. I have seen the presentations and they look great. I cannot find my baking sheets anywhere, I suspect I have left them over my daughters or sisters house when I took something over I made them but I keep forgetting to ask.  I really want to make brownies in a baking sheet but my baking sheets are too rusty for it honestly. I also want to make a buche de noel for Christmas and those baking sheets look perfect because of the nonstick so they would be easy to roll.  

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Hello @momtochloe, how are you? I hope everything is well with you!! Oh wow, these sound perfect. I have been eyeing these for a while and his reviews are always good. It doesn't seem to matter what brand I get for no stick, I have had no luck with them but these look different. 

What you cooked (sticky sauce) is the perfect test for it too. Just what I wanted to know. I want to get his baking sheets too but they are out right now so I will keep checking back. I have seen the presentations and they look great. I cannot find my baking sheets anywhere, I suspect I have left them over my daughters or sisters house when I took something over I made them but I keep forgetting to ask.  I really want to make brownies in a baking sheet but my baking sheets are too rusty for it honestly. I also want to make a buche de noel for Christmas and those baking sheets look perfect because of the nonstick so they would be easy to roll.  

@Irshgrl31201 I know a few posters have purchased his sheet pans and just love them and helped them sell out the last time he was here . . . Smiley Happy.  He's coming back i believe in September so hopefully the sheet pans will return around that time and hopefully at a nice price too!

I hope too that you are well my friend and that those pans are worth of your buche de noel . . . tip of the hat to you my friend!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 I know a few posters have purchased his sheet pans and just love them and helped them sell out the last time he was here . . . Smiley Happy.  He's coming back i believe in September so hopefully the sheet pans will return around that time and hopefully at a nice price too!

I hope too that you are well my friend and that those pans are worth of your buche de noel . . . tip of the hat to you my friend!

I will keep my eye out for them for sure. Thank you so much for all of your help @momtochloe! I appreciate it!

JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 one of us usually starts a thread when CS is due back on the air.  I'll make sure I flag it to you so you know when to check for what's in stock.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe It's been very hot and humid here so it's been salad and sandwich time. But I did do bacon for a BLT and I was very pleased with the frying pan. Like you say, the clean up is wonderful. My mother said the bacon was delicious, and she's very finicky about how her food is cooked.

Also if you're interested Kitchen Aid has some turquoise items. They call it Aqua Sky, same as their stand mixer I believe. Kohls has a bunch of utensils in aqua sky, I've already tossed some old stuff so next time I get a 30% off coupon I'm purchasing some in that color. Found some Kitchen Aid dish towels at TJ Maxx in turquoise. Also some other brand drawer organizers in turquoise.  Home Goods probably has even better stuff, haven't looked there.

Kohls has some fun Food Network items in shades of blue and turq.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 one of us usually starts a thread when CS is due back on the air.  I'll make sure I flag it to you so you know when to check for what's in stock.

Oh I would so appreciate that @momtochloe. Thank you so much! You are great!

JFK
Honored Contributor

Tee hee @Greeneyedlady21 don't those pans just make the best bacon?  I mean I feel a little silly even saying it but I feel my bacon cooks much more evenly in those pans and I am so glad your mom is enjoying her BLT's, bonus points!

There is a Kohl's right down the road from me along with a Home Goods but I have banned myself from going into either until a few things change but it's good to know where to look when I am in the market for new kitchen items, thanks for letting me know . . . Smiley Happy