Respected Contributor

At Aldi this morning and I found........

Chocolate Babka!  And they had two flavors of the Racine Kringles.  Raspberry and Almond.  I used to have to get these at Trader Joe’s.  And I am so happy to find them at Aldi because the closest Trader Joe’s is a 3 hour drive so I rarely get there.  

Both items were were in the bakery area near the breads.  Yum!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

Re: At Aldi this morning and I found........

I'm laughing because when I read this post all I could think of was the. Seinfeld episode featuring the chocolate babka. So funny.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Oh yes!  One of my favorite episodes of Seinfeld!  But they only have the chocolate babka, not the “lesser” cinnamon babka! HAHAHAHAHA!

Honored Contributor

@4kitties

You had me at raspberry almond!

Unfortunately we don't have a Trader Joe's nor Aldi in my neck of the woods.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@4kitties....never heard of that product, what is it?

Respected Contributor

The babka is a type of cake.  Thin layers rolled with chocolate then drizzled with chocolate on top.  Kind of a log shape.  

The kringle is a big circle of Danish pastry with either raspberry filling or almond.  Like a type of coffee cake.  

Both are delicious!

Respected Contributor

I love all flavors of kringles but my favorite is the walnut. I don't get them unless we visit relatives in Wisconsin. And when they come here they bring several. I never manage ti hit TJ's when they have them.

Valued Contributor

My Aldi's has been carrying the kringles since last Christmas!  I was so pleased as it was always hit or miss when I went to TJ's, an hour ride away.  I was surprised when they continued carrying them all year.  In fact, last week was the first time I was unable to pick one up as my suppy had dwindled.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if my Aldi has had them and this is just the first time I had noticed?   They enlarged my store just this year and they carry more items than they did last Christmas.  I am going to try to be more observant since they have more room for things now.  

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm laughing because when I read this post all I could think of was the. Seinfeld episode featuring the chocolate babka. So funny.

@QVCkitty1

@4kitties

This is exactly what I thought when I first read the ad.  What a funny episode!