Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Asking for dishwasher opinions

This may be a worn-out topic, but it's current for me. I need a new dishwasher and am doing my shopping homework. It seems to me the best information, both pro and con, comes from those who live with and use a product on a daily basis. So, here I am asking for your advice. What dishwasher do you recommend? Conversely, and maybe more importantly, what dishwasher would you not recommend?

I'm willing, but not eager, to spend upwards toward $1,500. I thought I wanted a 2 drawer Fisher Paykel, but bad reviews are making me doubtful now. I've also read bad reviews for Kitchen Aid, Bosch and Miele.

With just my DH and me here, our requirements are neither lengthy nor unreasonable--a reliable, trouble-free, machine that runs efficiently and quietly and gives clean dishes and spot-free glass ware. Flexibility of loading is desirable as well, of course.

As we all know, very few things are made today as well as they used to be, so I need to specifically ask what newer machine (3 years or less) do you presently use? If you had to replace it today, would you buy another one just like it?

I sincerely thank you for any information or shopping tips you care to share. -Mrs. G.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.