Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Armour Frozen Meatballs. Your opinion.

[ Edited ]

Hello. I've always made my own meatballs, but I'm so tired lately I need some shortcuts. I just want to put them in the old standby, meatballs in sauce, made from Heinz Chili Sauce and Welch's Grape Jelly. What do you think of these meatballs? Will they ruin my dish?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Armour Frozen Meatballs. Your opinion.

There's avery big store here and its called Sams. I do purchase a bag (it is also big) full of meatballs and I can cook them with pasta, rice and I add them in so other dishes.

If you have the store Sams, try them dear, I like them when I dont feel like making my own keftedakia (meatballs).

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Gardien Meatballs are amazing. You would never know they are plant based. I've been fooling my brother for over a year when we could have Sunday dinners. 🤣🤣 Someday I'll tell him. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D ....I used to make my own as well.  One Christmas entertaining season I cheated and bought frozen meatballs...they were fine.  I only make meatballs as an appetizer with a home made sauce in the crockpot....they are tasty.

If you are tired, go for it.

Valued Contributor

I use the bagged armour meatballs when I use the chili sauce and grape jelly and they are good. There's no need to stress over homemade especially when you're using condiments. I think you'll be please with them.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I still make my own because it seems to be the one thing I can do well as far as cooking meat goes and it's a simple recipe.   I did amend it to make it half ground turkey breast and half beef the last time..........everyone thought they were delicious!

Go for the frozen if it lightens and simplifies your life for right now. 

Honored Contributor

I have made a ton of Armour meatballs in chili sauce and grape jelly for my husbands family reunions; usually 6 bags at a time, and he never brought any home.   I always added garlic and chopped jalapeño for a little kick.   

I personally cannot eat Armour meatballs, as there is something in them that just does not agree with my system.   Food allergies make eating a big issue at times.  

Esteemed Contributor

Have not found a frozen meatball acceptable as of yet.

To many additives or even just one has an off putting taste.

When my sister is to tired to roll the meatballs she puts the meat mixture in a baking dish ,compresses it bakes as usual and cuts the into squares.

I think she is a riot.  Her family loves it.

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

There's avery big store here and its called Sams. I do purchase a bag (it is also big) full of meatballs and I can cook them with pasta, rice and I add them in so other dishes.

If you have the store Sams, try them dear, I like them when I dont feel like making my own keftedakia (meatballs).

@Dinaki Is absolutely right.  Products from Sams Club are resturant grade.

I absolutely love their pesto and hate the ones from grocery stores.  I don't want to make it.

Honored Contributor

I've made meatballs by taking ground meat, scooping it with a cookie scoop, putting it on a baking sheet and baking them.  Put a silpat or parchment on the sheet and little to clean up.

I often make meatballs with meat only.  I don't use egg, breadcrumbs, spices, or whatever.  They go in a sauce, you won't miss it.  That is E A S Y!