Super Contributor

Re: Are you tired of Temp-tations?

TEMPTATIONS IS A CHEAP COPY CAT OF POLISH STONEWARE. NOW TARA HAS COPIED LOCK N LOCK AND PRESENTING IT AS HER IDEA ! NOTHING ORIGINAL ABOUT HER OR HER PRODUCTS.

Respected Contributor

On 5/7/2014 NanaS said:

TEMPTATIONS IS A CHEAP COPY CAT OF POLISH STONEWARE. NOW TARA HAS COPIED LOCK N LOCK AND PRESENTING IT AS HER IDEA ! NOTHING ORIGINAL ABOUT HER OR HER PRODUCTS.

LOL, seriously? Nothing it original. Polish stoneware was probably copied from something else. Everything MarkCharles Missilli sells has been done. Same with Bob Wardan, even cooks essentials. Everyone copies a good thing. Even HSN has TT type bakeware. The list is endless.

Sometimes stuff is repackaged enough to look like a new product, but the idea came off something else. I'm surprised people whine for Polish Stoneware, as it's equally bright and off the wall patterns too. Probably why I like it. Oh yeah it's not made in China. Big whoop.

Whether David has stock in it or not, wouldn't make a bit of difference if people weren't buying it. I haven't actually got room to buy more, but none of mine has chipped, crazed, or anything else. If an interesting piece came along I'd buy it without.

Since I rarely watch QVC I don't see it that much. INTWD is about it. I'm sure not, but people sound like they watch Q all day long.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Regular Contributor

Can't stand Tara - talk about over done. Now she's got a version of L & L?? TT looks cheap - I'll stick to my Fiesta and the real Lock and Lock.

Regular Contributor

Really.....QVC is getting so old. This is the best you have in Dinnerware?
Contributor

Why purchase stoneware that chips so easily, whose pattern- old world- is a cheap knock off of finely done Polish pottery? The floral lace is prettier to me, yet the quality is similarly lacking. I invested in vitrified china everyday dishes years ago, and I add every now and then to my collection. Over 10 years and one chip- no kidding. I've had lovely porcelain china patterns that are so pretty, but don't stand up to everyday wear- yet nonetheless are so much sturdier than stoneware. The one set of Temptations I did purchase- the painting was poorly executed, yet I did keep it because it was a novelty beach pattern. But I resolved not to buy it again. As for the plastic storage containers- I'm very happy with my attractive yet simple Lock and Lock. The Q has made a fortune on L and L- why bring in these items as a competitor?

Just another of the top 20- or is it 10?!- recycled brands we see ad nauseum. Or should I say saw- I'm finding fewer and fewer hours worthy of my time.

Honored Contributor

I'm tired of Old World and have a set ready to give away or donate. I have some different TT patterns that are no longer available, but they are very pretty and no problems so far. I probably won't buy more because the last item I got, the quality and color saturation is way off. Not interested in today's TSV as I love L n L and have more than enough of that already.

Honored Contributor

I have a few pieces of Temp-tations that I purchased when Tara first presented them on QVC. She only offered solid colors back then. I have never had a piece break, crack or chip and I use them often.

I collect pretty dishes (I can't help myself). Because of this I prefer solid color accessory pieces so they go with everything.

I think her patterns are pretty and classic, but I just prefer solid colors.

Maybe I am a snob too. I don't like items that scream QVC. I prefer that people not know where I shop. I would never buy anything that is exclusive to QVC if I had to use or wear it in public, but that is just me.

My sister has the OW pattern items and she sets a beautiful table as her dinnerware is a solid color.

New Contributor

YES. With so many great potters around the area of QVC why go to China to get to get it made? MONEY

Honored Contributor

On 5/7/2014 Carmie said:

I have a few pieces of Temp-tations that I purchased when Tara first presented them on QVC. She only offered solid colors back then. I have never had a piece break, crack or chip and I use them often.

I collect pretty dishes (I can't help myself). Because of this I prefer solid color accessory pieces so they go with everything.

I think her patterns are pretty and classic, but I just prefer solid colors.

Maybe I am a snob too. I don't like items that scream QVC. I prefer that people not know where I shop. I would never buy anything that is exclusive to QVC if I had to use or wear it in public, but that is just me.

My sister has the OW pattern items and she sets a beautiful table as her dinnerware is a solid color.

I'm with you in not liking items that "scream" QVC. I also don't like to tell people where I shop. I have some TT in solid/embossed colors and they are nice. Also get nice plain pieces at Marshall's and TJ Maxx that are really nice--various brands and not TT.

Honored Contributor

I tried them and I really tried to LIKE them.

Over the years the quality has gone way downhill.

After everything I got either crazed or outright cracked...I switched to Fiesta and have never had a problem.

In fact, I have my mom's Fiestaware from the 50s and still use it!