Super Contributor

Re: Are you tired of Temp-tations?

I'd like them to offer more items in FLORAL LACE and especially VINTAGE GRACE.

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of TT, but don't plan to buy more. If sales slow down, QVC will add some other line of bakeware. I think some of us probably don't have room for more TT, but I guess new viewers will order.

Respected Contributor

On 4/17/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/16/2014 Perkup said:

I'm very tired of seeing the Old World and that lace pattern over and over. I would like to see more polka dots and something different - some nice colors, but less pattern, which I think detracts from the look of your food. I am thinking of ordering some of Rachel Ray's solid color bakeware sets - the solids look great to me for a change. I don't have any Old World now as I got rid of what few pieces I had. All I currently have is a winter holiday pattern - I think it's called Hometown Christmas - holly leaves and snowflakes. Very pretty. Wish she'd make more of that also.

But you can bet David V is going to do all he can to restrict the bakeware sets to his buddy Tara's items. His neighbor and apparently a good friend.

It seems that your intense dislike of this host, as evidenced in post after post, has clouded your thinking when it comes to how successful businesses operate. To put it mildly, I truly doubt that a corporation the size and stature of QVC gives a hoot about a supposed palship when it comes to making major decisions.

If Temptations weren't a big profit maker for them, it would be gone. It's all about numbers and nothing else.

You can read into my post anything you like. I do believe that David's influence is keeping Tara in our faces as often as she is. They are obviously friends and I think he is very protective of her products. Quite possibly he has a monetary interest in what's she's doing. Seems unlikely to me that someone who lives down the street and is a frequent dinner guest just happened to come up with an item that is so often presented on the Q. Coincidence?

I also found it surprising that she now has a line that is clearly in competition with Lock and Lock, as well as another line I've liked that's presented by a guy - I think it's called Prepology. Do we really need a third producer of storage containers? I'd rather see Tara go off into another simpler pattern and stay out of the storage container lottery.

Anyway, sorry you don't think I have a right to my opinion, SuzyQ3, but I contend that I do. I've never disliked David - he used to be one of my favorites. But his speed speak, his happy dancing and yum yum faces are a little too childish for my taste. I wouldn't call it intense dislike - just a normal preference for a grown man to act like one. If you like the silliness, enjoy. Your privilege to do so.

Honored Contributor

Lets just say I haven't been tempted in a long time.

Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 Perkup said:

I'm very tired of seeing the Old World and that lace pattern over and over. I would like to see more polka dots and something different - some nice colors, but less pattern, which I think detracts from the look of your food. I am thinking of ordering some of Rachel Ray's solid color bakeware sets - the solids look great to me for a change. I don't have any Old World now as I got rid of what few pieces I had. All I currently have is a winter holiday pattern - I think it's called Hometown Christmas - holly leaves and snowflakes. Very pretty. Wish she'd make more of that also.

But you can bet David V is going to do all he can to restrict the bakeware sets to his buddy Tara's items. His neighbor and apparently a good friend.

It seems that your intense dislike of this host, as evidenced in post after post, has clouded your thinking when it comes to how successful businesses operate. To put it mildly, I truly doubt that a corporation the size and stature of QVC gives a hoot about a supposed palship when it comes to making major decisions.

If Temptations weren't a big profit maker for them, it would be gone. It's all about numbers and nothing else.

You can read into my post anything you like. I do believe that David's influence is keeping Tara in our faces as often as she is. They are obviously friends and I think he is very protective of her products. Quite possibly he has a monetary interest in what's she's doing. Seems unlikely to me that someone who lives down the street and is a frequent dinner guest just happened to come up with an item that is so often presented on the Q. Coincidence?

I also found it surprising that she now has a line that is clearly in competition with Lock and Lock, as well as another line I've liked that's presented by a guy - I think it's called Prepology. Do we really need a third producer of storage containers? I'd rather see Tara go off into another simpler pattern and stay out of the storage container lottery.

Anyway, sorry you don't think I have a right to my opinion, SuzyQ3, but I contend that I do. I've never disliked David - he used to be one of my favorites. But his speed speak, his happy dancing and yum yum faces are a little too childish for my taste. I wouldn't call it intense dislike - just a normal preference for a grown man to act like one. If you like the silliness, enjoy. Your privilege to do so.

First it's that he's probably somehow restricting the addition of any other bakeware brand and now it's that he also probably has a monetary interest in Temptations.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. So many suppositions, so little time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 Perkup said:

First it's that he's probably somehow restricting the addition of any other bakeware brand and now it's that he also probably has a monetary interest in Temptations.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. So many suppositions, so little time.

I wonder if hosts are "allowed" to financially invest in different product lines. Some say QVC owns some of these lines. Other than Denim & Co. and Tova (which I read QVC purchased a few years ago), I really don't know.

Valued Contributor

Nope, not tired of Temp-tations at all. I just wish Tara(QVC) would keep certain colors in stock & also sell separate pieces on the Q! I already have so many of the bakeware in the same size that I don't buy anymore but am always on the lookout for something new!

Regular Contributor

Not tired of it. I use Old World Red regularly for church functions and always get compliments on it.

Regular Contributor

It is sooooooo old fashion. Please Polish Stoneware or something worthy of 2014.
Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2014 Krimpette said:

I am sooooo far behind the times!!!! I had no idea that bakeware patterns could become "dated"!!!! I've heard of that with fashions, but bakeware? A new one for me! I wonder if my Franciscan Desert Rose pattern is dated? Oh my!{#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}

I love Desert Rose! I have some given to me by friends and relatives, and some I've gotten in antique stores.

Since when is "dated" bad in dishes and bakeware? I have friends who have retro kitchens and collect bowls and serving ware from the 1950s, I have other friends who love that mushroom craze from the 1970s...remember that? My mom had mushroom things in her kitchen back then.

It's all good. If you don't like a pattern, buy something else. But I don't get people wanting something gone just because "they" don't like it...

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero