Honored Contributor

Re: Are you tired of Temp-tations?

On 4/10/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

There are other bakeware products sold on QVC, and of course, there are plenty of other places to buy!

What I'm tired of is people who cannot express their opinion of a product without essentially trashing everyone who likes the product. Why do that?

Good question. I'd also ask whether someone would say something like this in real life to a person who has and obviously enjoys the product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

We have received some as gifts over the years (although I have never purchased any myself) and what we have received is very pretty and very useable. The style of them is not my first choice if I were buying for myself but again I find it pretty and serviceable have no complaints about it

Honored Contributor

No, I'm not tired of it although I don't need much of it either. Don't see why you'd be embarrassed to serve guests using Temp-tations products.

Super Contributor

I always get compliments on my TT pieces. I've given many as gifts. Never had a problem. Got a bunch of my friends hooked on TT now too.

Honored Contributor

I am sooooo far behind the times!!!! I had no idea that bakeware patterns could become "dated"!!!! I've heard of that with fashions, but bakeware? A new one for me! I wonder if my Franciscan Desert Rose pattern is dated? Oh my!{#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}

Valued Contributor

Geez, and Floral Lace is one of my favorite patterns! To each her own. I would never think of bashing someone's choice in bakeware! That's pretty low.

Super Contributor

I never even watch the shows any more. I love all the colors & pattern and HAD bought many items, for me & for gifts. But, after having 2 dishes practically explode while cooking and getting the total brushoff, both from QVC's Customer Service & Temptations own Customer Service ( it was like gee, sorry that happened, call QVC and vice versa)! So I will nor be sucked into buying a product that could be extremely dangerous if this had exploded in my face!

Honored Contributor

I don't think the light blue Floral Lace is too bad but I wouldn't have Old World in my house. Some of the colors are so repulsive, I can't imagine serving food on them. As soon as Temptations comes on, my TV goes off; I am bored with watching it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 4/10/2014 mominohio said:
On 4/10/2014 mominohio said:

I have a nice collection of both TT and RR stoneware. Problem I have with TT is that I can't seem to keep it! Every time I take it somewhere or have people over they fall in love with it, and well, I'm just a gal who can't say no {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}, I end up giving it to someone!

Um.... seeing as how we seem to live close, perhaps I could stop by and "admire" your collection. I can make sure my car trunk is empty just in case you want to give me some when I fall in love with your pieces (LOL), and so far, there isn't much I wouldn't love!!

I actually have so much we should just maybe start a swap!

Love to see another Buckeye on the forum!

{#emotions_dlg.lol} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I've got yellow and blue old world pattern pieces!

Lock your doors! I have a huge collection of OW blue, but had just gotten into the yellow when it sort of disappeared. I love the yellow, and don't think I could be trusted around it! If I came to visit, you'd have to take a count after I left!!

Do you mix the two? I do, and I love the sunny look!

I mix them all the time too. Sunny is a good description.

Contributor

I'm a TT collector and absolutely love it. When my family sits down and tells me how great the table looks, I know I'm doing something right. When I think of 80's bakeware, I always think of my parents Pfaltzgraff definitely not TT.

I have never had an issue with any cracking or crazing and I've been at it for 6 years. It does everything it says and I couldn't be happier.

I have to add, I don't quite understand how people say it's on "all the time"? I very rarely see TT, unless it's on an ITKWD show and she maybe offers one or two items per show. I usually check the schedule on her Website and it's on possibly 4 times a month and that usually doesn't consist of a 1 hour show, it's a piece here and there.