Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you going to slowly stock up on pantry items?

I am basically a pretty good stocker anyway, always have been.  I just cannot stand running out of things..........my kids would always laugh at me when they would visit and see several cases of paper towels and toilet paper in my garage.  So funny, when the pandemic hit they were calling and asking me for some, I said to them, who's laughing now?!  LOL, of course I shared.

Trusted Contributor

We are slowly but surely restocking items as we see them "just in case".

Trusted Contributor

I never stopped.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

Yes, I've already started buying items like masks and hand sanitizer when I see them to set aside for future use. Based on my experience as an essential Federal employee ("You have to report for duty, but we can't pay you until the budget's been passed."), I got into the habit of pre-planning a long time ago. In addition to our kitchen fridge, we have a large side-by-side one without a water/ice dispenser in the basement. This is fine for our small household. Also, one of our basement utility rooms is a pantry room where I store the stuff I buy at BJ's. I was surprised yesterday when the meat manager at BJ's told me they weren't selling the large (10 pound) pork loins and other larger cuts of meat because they needed them to make up smaller meat trays. So I'll buy larger cuts of meat when I see them to break down and shrink wrap with my Food Saver. Next time around, I'll be sure to get my hair cut before they shut the salons down!

Honored Contributor

I'm glad to read most people aren't going into 'hoard' mode. That makes me so mad I could spit.

Hope threads like this one don't start another round of stupid behavior.

Glad stores are standing their ground and not giving cash back to the ones who hogged goods, then, have the nerve to drag all that stuff back to the stores and want money back from keeping products from others.

Respected Contributor

No, we just shop as usual

Esteemed Contributor

Yes...........it was rough for weeks trying to get certain products we truly needed at the beginning of the pandemic........don't want to go through that again......

Honored Contributor

DH and I have been purchasing several items since they are now available in the stores. The only "hot" item I didn't have a supply were masks. Now I find them everywhere and the best price is Sam's.

We always keep paper products on hand especially during the cooler months.

Esteemed Contributor

Not any more than I already do.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not really.  Just stocking up as we usually did.

However, during the "Great TP Shortage" we bought a case of industrial/school//etc. TP.  NOT realizing it was the "coreless" type that is too small to fit on residential type spindles.

Not a big deal, found small spindles on Amazon that fit our porcelain TP holders perfectly for less than $6 for 2.

Also followed a short thread here about buying different products on Amazon (we have Prime).  Got a 24 pack of  11 oz. cans of V-8 for under $11, an 18-pack of Ocean Spray variety individuals for $17.28 and 24 pack of Maruchan Ramen Noodles for $13.16.  Haven't needed cleaning/laundry stuff, but I guess that is economical, large sizes and delivered to your door.

Denise