Honored Contributor

Re: Are you an organized cook ?

@house_cat  aww what a sweet adorable kitty  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I'm A LOT better than I used to be.  I also clean up as I go.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I'm laughing too hard to type.  The only thing I do is make sure I have the ingredients on hand before starting.  The rest is a blur.

Respected Contributor

It also depends on what is being made.  Tonight I was able to wash dishes by hand while the meal was cooking with only a few things to wash up when we were done eating.  The cooking part was simple, a repeat made dozens of times before.

I've been culling out cookbooks and promising myself to cook more out of those I'm keeping.  Meaning:  Plan or else pay the messy consequenses. Worse, forget an ingredient.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm organized, especially when baking. I don't measure in advance, but I do get out everything I need before I start making anything. If something needs to be chopped or diced, I do that first. Every utensil or bowl used is rinsed after using and stacked in the sink with hot water and dish soap. Once whatever I'm making goes in the oven, the sink items are rinsed and put in the dishwasher. My pet peeve is a sink full of dirty dishes!

Honored Contributor

When I'm cooking, that's what I'm concentrating on, cooking. 

If something needs to go back in the refrigerator, fine.

Everything will get put away and cleaned up regardless.  I'm not going to stress that the olive oil is still on the counter, I may add more!  Same with spices.  

I want the dish to be delicious, so I'm not worried about what my kitchen looks like while I'm cooking.

For the record, I keep my counters cleared of everything.  except for my Breville oven.  Coffee pot, toaster, can opener, etc.  Looks cluttered and junky with the small appliances and the cords plugged in--to me.