Regular Contributor

Re: Are you addicted to Lock and Lock storage products?

Yes, I am addicted.  I am kind of addicted to Tupperware too - for certain things.  I went through a phase when I only used glass to store leftovers, etc. because of the plastic chemicals, but I'm over it.  About 5 years ago I started buying L&L.  Bought a bunch of sets then, and use it constantly.  Since I bought 2 of the TSV (I had lots of drawers that needed organizing - perfect!), I'm definitely over 100 pieces at this point.  I really do use it.  I love it because I'm kind of clumsy, and I can drop stuff and it not spill (though I have had a few fall out of the fridge and break - not fun, but it's still a better clean-up than if another container falls) 

I'm also kind of addicted to watching Christ Pryme's presentations.  I don't know why, I just find her comforting. 

[ Edited ]

YES!! I am fully addicted to the L&L bowls!! I have never been blessed by such great bowls in my long life!! (I am sorry about the tabs breaking,) I have never had an issue with any of my tabs doing so, and I use them costanstantly! From freezer to cooking and all between! They are WONDERFUL! I received my 1st set of 3 bowls from my mom, and became instantly addicted by the length of the freshness they provide....I just purchased my 2nd set of the 18...and will be buying more soon! (I'm hording when I should be sharing!) Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@EatWell   I don't think I have 100 pieces, but I do have several sets from the first ones in clear (which I don't like as much as the colors) and sets in round, square, etc.  I like a set I have that has the clear bottoms and they are fairly small and it came in 3 sizes and all the lids are interchangeable.  Really good for leftovers.  I prefer the purple/plum colors, but all the selectionsthey present are very pretty.  Mine have held up very well; a couple of tabs have broken, but most are like new.  I don't microwave in them.  I enjoy the presentations with Chris.

Regular Contributor

If you saw the inside of my cabinets you would know I am. Smiley Happy

However, I am falling out of love with L&L. The last set I got one of the containers after using like 2-4 times one of the tabs is already broken halfway off. I could break into Fort Knox before getting help from the L&L web site. For one lid why can't they just send it to me. Why would I want ONE lid if I don't own L&L? I'm really NOT a plastic lid hoarder! Smiley Frustrated

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

I have 2 sets of the nestable ones - reason for having 2 sets is I had a set at home and a set in our camper. When we sold the camper I brought that set home. Then I have 2 pantry storage sets and 2 cereal box sets because in the summer here we have issues with ants. We get the house sprayed, outside but can't 100% seem to keep on top of them , so I store EVERYTHING in my pantry in either a ziplock bag or a lock & lock container to keep those pesky ants at bay.

Trusted Contributor

I really like lock & lock but they are a pain when all of them are clean at one time and the lids keep trying to jump out of my storage drawer and attack me, I am out of room in my kitchen !!!!!

Occasional Contributor

Lol.. I'm past addicted to lock n locked. I must be your neighbor. I have boxes everywhere. : )
Occasional Contributor

Lock n lock - not locked - sorry slip of the fingers
Occasional Contributor

I have dropped several from right out of the freezer and it did crack, but they don't crack if you drop them from the refrigerator or from a shelf that is not in the freezer.
I find they do not stain anymore if you bleach them when handwashing them.
Also some of the lock and lock are harder to open up than others.
Valued Contributor

I do have my share of L&L which I still I’ve all the time, but for food have been moving over to silicone. Most of the L&L is being used to store things in.