Respected Contributor

Re: Are you addicted to Lock and Lock storage products?

Gave L & L a try and was considering more sets; however, the tabs on the lids kept breaking.  A thing of the past for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I am not addicted, but I do like Lock & Lock and use them daily. I purchased a cinnamon set yesterday for a Christmas gift.

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@AKgirl2  I understand now.  That is really costly.  You can get L&L containers on Amazon also.  In fact, I did cancel mine but not because of the shipping charges; I did because I don't need all the containers in the set.  But loved the colors.

I have wanted to go to Alaska for over 50 years and I will finally do it on September 23.  Will go on a 10 day cruise out of Seattle and returning to Vancouver.  I am soooo looking forward to this trip.  Hope the weather will play nice.

@CLEM ~ How wonderful!  I love cruises and am sure it'll be a trip to remember.  The leaves are already turning, and I hope you get to see their glorious colors.  Have a safe and great trip!  🍁🍂🌻🍂🍁

Valued Contributor

I have a few of the plastic containers that I use but I am not addicted.  I like to store pantry items like sugar, salt, bread crumbs, pasta in appropriate sized containers to keep them fresher and away from bugs.  I find myself using lock and lock glass containers (and some equivalent amazon glass containers) to store my left overs, cut fruit and vegetables etc.  in the refrigerator more and more.  They don't stain and clean easily.  

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I am not addicted, but I do like Lock & Lock and use them daily. I purchased a cinnamon set yesterday for a Christmas gift.

-----------

One person bought six sets as Christmas gifts.  I didn't realize that the TSV contained two of everything and could be split into two separate gifts boxes.

Honored Contributor

I would not say addicted but I do have two different sets and also their liquid pitchers.  i do not have any more room for more.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@EatWell  you asked :  Aren't these Lock and Lock products better than the plastic storage containers you buy at the supermarket?

I do not think so.  You asked so I answered 🙂

I've tried just about every type of plastic container made.

There was and still is the Tupperware, some of it is ok for some things, but not leak proof. 

There is Rubbermaid and their various incarnations, and while it is a company that is based in Ohio, and I do have a lot of their things, they too, will leak, but make some much heavier plastic than many Lock and Lock sets.

I've tried the Snapware and absolutely hate it. The locking mechanism doesn't work on a lot of the pieces I tried. 

I got the Temp-tations version, and it is close to Lock and Lock in performance, but the tabs are slightly weaker over time.

I also tried the Click Close Q had here for like 10 minutes, and they are just ok too, have a different kind of locking system.

Then there is the thin cheap stuff of various brands that only makes sense to use when you are giving something away and don't expect to get it back, but never useful for real storage.

I have complained here in the past about especially the bowls from Lock and Lock because they do leak, nearly every one I have does, but I just know what to store in them and what not to (or how to handle/pack it). 

If I could only have one type of plastic container, it would be Lock and Lock, if for no other reason, they have so many different sizes and shapes. I have every imaginable piece one could need, and store all my dry goods in them, as well as use in the fridge for produce, meat, cheese storage, and in the bread drawer for chips , crackers, bagels, English muffins etc. 

I like freezing in them as well, but never put them in the microwave. 

To the OP, I know I have to have at least 100 pcs of Lock and Lock. and my unused at the time pieces are stored on a shelf in the basement. I find that sometimes I use almost every piece I have, and other times, I have quite a few in waiting. 

I do use some for things other than food, but not a lot of them at this time. While they do help keep drawers and other spots organized, they take up a lot of room in some applications (like in a desk drawer) where some other form of organization tool that is open makes more sense to me.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

No, but I did by the TSV, I'll give half of it to my son as a gift.

This was a great set to split @blackhole99. I liked that it had two of everything exactly alike. 

Some of the sets they suggest splitting don't split as evenly as this one. 

Honored Contributor

Nope.  I like them and use them but not addicted.  I have 2 rather new nesting sets and when I received those I tossed the older ones.  No need for tens of sets for us.

Contributor

I would not say I was addicted to LNL but I have collected many sets over the years and I use them everyday.  Many people have mentioned them growing feet and walking away - My nephew went  to college in another state for four years and I always sent him back to college with LNL full of baked goodies and he always returned them because he knew that was the only way he was going to get them refilled.   Now that he is out on his own I have started buying sets for him and his sister to use in their own homes.  I use them for food, crafts, and organizing drawers. I did not get the TSV this week and have been kicking myself ever since.  It would have been a great Christmas gift to split between them.  Love LNL.