Honored Contributor

Re: Are you addicted to Lock and Lock storage products?

I rarely "save" anything

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Nope, no addiction here.  I have some L&L but they do not stack tight enough to give me the space I need in a small kitchen.......

Super Contributor

Love my Lock&Lock! In the 2 cabinets that I have designated as my pantry I have everything stored and organized in them. All my sugar, flour, k-cups, bread crumbs, cinnamon sugar, nuts, sprinkles, chocolate chips, Splenda packets. . . . all our snacks like chips, crackers, pretzels, microwave popcorn packs, homemade trail mix. . .  .whatever. It all stays fresh and bug free. I use the containers to store batteries in the cellar and to organize all kinds of things all over the house. Oh, and I use them for food first and foremost, whether it's for leftovers or for a big bowl of salad or for something else I've prepared ahead of time. I keep bagels in the freezer in one container, ice cubes in another, and freeze soups and stews and other foods, too.

What can't you do with Lock&Lock? I love Lock&Lock, I use Lock&Lock and if that means I'm addicted, then so be it.

Hi. My name is q-girl and I'm a Lock&Lock-aholic. (no disrespect intended)

Hugs. . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@q-girl

Don't you just love when you go into your pantry or cabinet everything is so organized!  I used my label maker and each container is labeled.  Each area has specific items grouped together, i.e., baking, cereals, pasta, etc.  I love my pantries thanks to my LNLs.

My craft things, sewing, misc. all found homes in my LNL! I am always finding new uses for them!

Regular Contributor

I love lock n lock. I have many sets. We use them everyday. Always for food items. Salads, dressings, dry pet food , flour, baking items, they are great. We have a little shape and size for everything. 

Love love love!

Have a nice Labor Day holiday everyone! 

Thoughts and prayers for Houston! 

Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I have many sets, but I do open the boxes as soon as they arrive, wash them and put them to use.  Storage does get to be an issue though as I have many that are not "nestable."  I like them because they keep items fresher, have many uses, look nice, etc.  I keep my pastas, rice, sugar, flour, etc.  in them as well as deli meats, cheese slices, and, of course, leftovers.   Tomorrow I'm going to go through some of my older sets and use them for items other than food--laundry detergent, garden stuff, etc.  I was tempted by the TSV, but I don't need a set with so many large pieces.  I use an older TSV with the really small ones every single day.

@Daysdee

Would you say you have 100 or more Lock and Lock pieces?

You have some great ideas for using Lock and Lock throughout the house

@EatWell wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

I have many sets, but I do open the boxes as soon as they arrive, wash them and put them to use.  Storage does get to be an issue though as I have many that are not "nestable."  I like them because they keep items fresher, have many uses, look nice, etc.  I keep my pastas, rice, sugar, flour, etc.  in them as well as deli meats, cheese slices, and, of course, leftovers.   Tomorrow I'm going to go through some of my older sets and use them for items other than food--laundry detergent, garden stuff, etc.  I was tempted by the TSV, but I don't need a set with so many large pieces.  I use an older TSV with the really small ones every single day.

@Daysdee

Would you say you have 100 or more Lock and Lock pieces?

You have some great ideas for using Lock and Lock throughout the house

I don't think I have 100.  I have a set of 1 or  2 in the clear before they had the colors.  I have one set in pink.  When they made the purple/grape/plum, etc. available I have maybe 3 or 4 sets.  I also have the set of small containers in three sizes and the same lid (in purple or similar) fits all of them.  I have three or four of these in use all the time--half a lemon, a little bit of leftover vegetables, etc.  I also keep salt in one so when I use my breadmaker it is easy to dip the measuring spoon in to measure the salt.    I have an older clear tall round one that I keep my dog's dry food in and keep the larger sack in the garage.   I should use some of them for excess supply of cosmetic items.

Honored Contributor

I actually don't own any Lock and lock. 

I DO own some Martha Stewart/Sistema pieces from Macy's that I really like. It's the same type product. 

But....I am the Tupperware queen of the United States. But all of mine is stacked neatly in the large cabinet that I use for all our plastic storage containers. 

Even though I don't own any Lock and Lock, I think the TSV is a terrific deal. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I also use L n L for cookies I bake or buy.  Keeps them fresh and I donated my cookie jars so less things on the counter.  I always put my saltines in L n L and they stay fresh for so long.  Also, keep sugar, flour, powdered sugar, rice, panko, tea bags, etc. in L n L.  Not getting the TSV because I don't need the really large ones. I do like the nestables the best.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have around 7 sets of Lock 'n Lock -- and use half of them at a time.I do have too many - but I store the empty ones in my pantry and cupboard 

I keep many food items in Lock 'n Lock in my pantry:: cookies, candybars, cereal, pasta, coffee beans, croutons.

I also freeze: bread, bagels, butter.

I also keep leftovers in L&L in my refrigerator.

Being air-tight, it keeps food fresher and longer lasting.

I also keep my dog's dry food in a larger air-tight container.

Keeps the bugs out!!!

My pantry also looks neat and organized - with the attractive colors.

The TSV is a great value -- but I have enough.

I would guess that some of my L&L are around 8 yrs old.

Valued Contributor

I guess you could say that I am addicted. I think I must have 25 set's. I just bought an upright freezer a few month's ago, so I make up meal's and different sauce's and freeze them. L&L. com just had a 70% off sale and free shipping over $100.00 so I could not resist. I think I am set for life.