Trusted Contributor

Re: Are there certain colors you choose?

I choose pink and such shades often because it makes me feel closer to my mom, who I lost to breast cancer. 

Trusted Contributor

Over 30 years ago, when I bought my first KA mixer, it was Cobalt Blue; at the time my kitchen was blue. When I bought my mom her first KA mixer, I bought Cobalt Blue (because blue was her favorite color). A few years ago, I bought a KA 6-quart Professional mixer in Red. The only reason I got red was because we were in a store that had the Professionals on sale and it was such a good sale that I simply had to buy the thing. They had one mixer left and it was Red.

When Mom decided she didn't want her mixer anymore, she gave it back to me.

So I have two Cobalt Blue mixers and one Red mixer. My blue mixers match the KA food processor. 

And when I get into really serious baking free-for-alls (holiday baking with the Grands, for example), I have all 3 of them running!

Honored Contributor

I have that deeper red color. My countertop and backsplash are a brown/tan combo. If I were starting over, I'm not sure what I'd pick. My cookware from QVC was called oatmeal, but it's really tan and that's a look I really like.