Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Baking Your Valentine's Dessert?

Just assembled mine. DH loves ice cream so I make the same thing over and over. Only the ice cream flavor varies by the season/holiday. Oreo cookie crust, Raspberry Rumble ice cream, chocolate syrup, Cool Whip. Finally, a few more crushed Oreos on top.

Honored Contributor

I rarely bake anymore but made my husband a cheesecake with strawberries on top. It's his favorite.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! I've got a great chocolate cupcake recipe. I'll post in the recipe thread when I get some time. And strawberry butter cream icing.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I'm not!  I went to Fresh Market and got a beautiful cherry pie.  OH!!!  Did I mention the chocolate eclaires? (This IS actually one, lol!!!)!!!

See the source image

@ECBG  I haven't had a cherry pie in ages. My mom used to make them for us when I was growing up and thought of them always brings back a lot of memories. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I might let myself share something with my husband today..I never eat an entire piece of anything ,because of the carbs

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. We still have some Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake left from DH's birthday Mon. LOL!!!

Making Filet Mignon for dinner. Yum!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie 

That is nice but it doesn't have to be one or the other.    My DH is good to me too but I loved the Godiva chocolate covered cherries he gave me and he loved the Colin Street Bakery bites I got him. 

I also enjoyed the lunch out he suggested. 

You can have both.

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 

OK you got my attention with the words 'cherry chip'.   Please, tell me all about that.

Respected Contributor

I made cherry fluff. Light, delicious and me and my SO enjoyed it.  He and I went out Wed for an early dinner to avoid the weekend Valentines crowd.

Respected Contributor

I decided not to because my Valentine left a big hairball on a pile of bills I had to pay. While I share his sentiment about paying them, I had to rinse and air dry them, and that sort of killed the loving baking feeling.