Valued Contributor

Re: Are There Any Frozen Entrees You Enjoy In A Pinch?

For me a Marie's pot pie will do..DH is  real fussy..I usually cook extra of whatever..and make my own frozen dinners for him.

Honored Contributor

Bagel w/a schmear.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I used to buy the Stouffer stuffed peppers and lasagna, but most of the frozen entrees have way too much sodium for me. That includes a lot of Lean Cuisine entrees. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a Schwan's fan.  Egg rolls and sweet & sour chicken are a great meal.  Even my son thinks so!

Also love pork (my own) fried rice with egg rolls!

Honored Contributor

I pretty much always have a few frozen meals on hand.  I don't eat them every day at all, but there are quite a few I really like.

There are a number of frozen meals in the Lean Cuisine line that I really like.  Also, some of the Healthy Choice are nice.  I like the Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo.

Lean Cuisine - I really like the 3 meat pizza with cauliflower crust.  I add a little cheese and some more pepperoni. 

Some of the bowls are nice.  I like the Life Cuisine Meat Lovers Cauliflower Pizza Bowl.

One Lean Cuisine I really like (with qualifiers!) is one of the 'bowls' called Glazed Chicken.   Here's the thing - I saw this and thought, oh this has to be good.  It's chicken, brown rice, green beans, and cashews.  Sounds awesome, as I really like all those things.   Well, it had pretty much no flavor so here's the qualifier - I knew I could 'fix' this because I like all the ingredients, so I got another one and that time what I did on the middle part where you take it out and stir it up was to add some soy sauce.  I just did a drizzle of (mine is low sodium) soy sauce all across the top, then back in the microwave I stirred it up again after it was done.  It was perfect and I have not stopped buying them.

Yesterday I had a Marie Callender's Country Fried Chicken and gravy meal that I really like.  It's a lot, but I was actually able to eat it all maybe because I hadn't eaten all day.  It's the chicken, mashers, corn, and gravy. 

I thought it had to be like 1,000 calories but it's only 390.

Country Fried Chicken & Gravy | Marie Callender's

Honored Contributor

schwans home delivery makes some very good frozen meals.

i always have a few individual meals and some meals for 2 or 3 in my freezer at all times.

some of our favorites......the chicken bake and their pot pies, 4 cheese penne, lasagna (meat and veggie versions), chicken lo mein, general tsos chicken, potstickers, beef tips with gravy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

We eat the individual pizzas from COSTCO quite often. They are perfect size for one and make great starter pizzas when we do "build you own pizza" nights w/ kids/grandkids. They come in a 12 pack. We do add extra whole milk mozzerella and spouse adds more pepperoni when it's just us eating. I'm not a pizza snob, so I think they are tasty. 

pizza.PNG

The other item I will buy from time to time are predone meatballs when I have the grandkids over. I just buy whatever beef meatballs they have at the store.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

I just bought 4 Hungry Man dinners . They were $2.50 each. They remind me of when I was a kid.
Frequent Contributor

I keep some on hand since it is just me eating.  I like:

Stouffer's stuffed peppers

Amys cheese enchiladas

Marie Calenders Sweet and Sour Chicken

Marie Callenders Chicken Fried Chicken meal.

Janet in Georgia
Trusted Contributor

We regularly have orange chicken from Sam's. It's delicious and still afordable. I like the one they have now much more than the other one they used to have. This one has no rice, just the chicken and the orange sauce. It's a better deal.