Trusted Contributor

Re: Are There Any Frozen Entrees You Enjoy In A Pinch?

[ Edited ]

Too much salt and junk in most frozen foods.  Amy's has good stuff without all the chemicals.  When I train and run a 5K, I will usually buy her black bean enchiladas and down one of those with some of my grilled chicken breast before a run.  Other than that, I cook my own food and freeze some of it for future meals.  

Trusted Contributor

We'll buy different Stouffer's entrees as well. 

One of our favorites when we can find it is the Gramma's Chicken and Rice Bake. 

We haven't tried the Stuffed Peppers, but I think that will be next for us to try.

We also like Marie Callender's entrees, too. 

One of my favorites is the one that @chickenbutt mentioned with the fried chicken in it. That dinner is really good!

Respected Contributor

We both must watch our sodium. There is almost nothing in the way of frozen entrees that are t packed with more sodium than you need in a week. I do buy Michaelangelo's eggplant parmigiana and keep it in the freezer if we need something and I have not time to make anything. It is very low carb since it has eggplant slices rather than layers of pasta inside and the sodium isn't off the charts. We love it.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

We both must watch our sodium. There is almost nothing in the way of frozen entrees that are t packed with more sodium than you need in a week. I do buy Michaelangelo's eggplant parmigiana and keep it in the freezer if we need something and I have not time to make anything. It is very low carb since it has eggplant slices rather than layers of pasta inside and the sodium isn't off the charts. We love it.

Agree with you been seeing MichaelAngelo's  for the first time in a local store,brought the eggplant  and couldn't believe how good it was.I do watch sodium and it wasn't like some other frozen dinners, got my husband the lasagna and he really liked it..

Valued Contributor

We like the Boston Market chicken pies or the Mrs. Callender's with rice.

Barber stuffed breasts are good with a baked potato and vegetable. I like the apple and brie. Freshetta supreme pizza is pretty good. I wish dinners were good like years ago. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like these Kirkland Chicken Bakes from Costco with Heinz Classic Chicken Gravy in the little jars over the top.  Tasty & quick (though not necessarily healthy!)  in a pinch.

Kirkland Signature Chicken Bakes, 8 oz, 6-count | Costco

Heinz Home Style Classic Chicken Gravy - Shop Sauces & Marinades at H-E-B

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"VEGGIES MADE GREAT " SPINACH EGG WHITE FRITTATAS w/ mozarella cheese.

Sampled these at Costco this week,and enjoyed one for breakfast today.  Don't know if they are available consistently at Costco, but other sources exist according to  an internet search. 

They are available in other versions, too.

These  frozen Individually-wrapped little items take less than a minute in the microwave for a  relatively low-calorie and nutritious snack or meal.

Great for vegetarians and gluten-free folks.

Veggies Made Great Spinach Egg White Frittatas (48)

Honored Contributor

I buy the Costco made stuffed pepers (it's in the back of the store with other ready made kitchen items). 

It comes in a package of 6 (two each of red, yellow and green pepers) and I freeze them in freezer bags and batches of two.  I just take them out when I want something quick & easy.

Respected Contributor

A Simek's Veggie Lasagna. I even like it cold the following day!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield