Valued Contributor

Are Silvestri caramels good?

Boy, Shawn sure went on last evening about how good they are and ate a bunch.  I love a good caramel that is not too chewy and these appeared to be going down quite easily and oh robed in chocolate with sea salt...I am so tempted.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Are Silvestri caramels good?

I have no idea about the quality of the caramels but Shawn's conduct nauseated me.  She kept stuffing piece after piece after piece into her mouth and was chewing and trying to talk at the same time.  Then, she was trying to cover her overstuffed mouth with those garish yellow nail polished fingers.  She was dancing around with all those caramels stuffed in her mouth.  It was beyond reprehensible conduct and I have no idea why the powers that be didn't call her out on it.  She will do anything for attention.

As an aside, when I worked in Bloomingdales many, many years ago while in college, we had to wear plain, solid colored clothes and plain nail polish with little to no color.  In training, we were told that the focus needed to be on the item being sold, not on us.  With Shawn and her crazy on and off glasses, crazy hair styles, and garish nail polish, the focus is on Shawn instead of the product, which is exactly what she wants.  I really wish the supervisors would address her deorum with her and insist she tone it down.  She's too old to act in such an immature manner.

Esteemed Contributor

I  was wondering  abt the taste. If I am going to eat chocolate or caramels than they better be delicious

Esteemed Contributor

Our family loooooves caramels, and in the chocolate-covered caramel world, Silvestri's is currently our favorite by a landslide. We ended up buying seven (yes, seven) sets of them last Christmas, and we only gave away one. I've already preordered five sets for this year, but there's almost no chance we won't end up buying more.

The caramels are buttery, creamy, soft, and delicious; the chocolate is rich and tasty (we prefer the dark sea salt but are excited to try the drizzled version with no salt); and there is just enough coarse sea salt to enhance everything . . . or if you're like some of my family members, it's easy enough to brush away a bit if desired. The gift boxes are lovely, but we transferred ours into festive Lock&Locks for ultimate freshness since we weren't really planning to share after the first bites.  Smiley Very Happy

In short, we highly recommend Silvestri's and can't wait for them to arrive!

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl - Okay, normally I don't bother with what the hosts are doing during any show, but I'd never heard of this company before, so I went to watch the video.

I have to agree with what you said.  I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it after Shawn starting eating these.  Who keeps stuffing any kind of chocolate in his/her mouth before even finishing the first one?  And talking at the same time?  She could easily have cut one in half to try it, if she didn't want to mess up the display at the front.

I switched it off.  I love caramels, but I won't be ordering.  Nothing she did convinced me they were any better than other brands I buy.

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much loriqvc for such a detailed review - now I am really excited and definitive about getting these!  I am a dark chocolate person but ordered the combo.  After reading your post, may go back and just get the dark chocolate.  Many many thanks!