Honored Contributor

Anyone watching David in Buffalo Tonight?

It was too cold to go down to the waterfront for me (I live about 5 minutes away).

There is an overflow crowd - over 1,000 people, with a Jumbotron so everyone can watch!

I hope the rain holds off!!!!

(at least it's not snowing...)

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone watching David in Buffalo Tonight?

Yes! I am. I am 60 miles south of Buffalo. It was a beautiful day today but got cold. Don't want to think about how cold it is with the wind blowing off the water. I wonder if they have a heater going for David?
Honored Contributor

Some of the ladies in the crowd are wearing gloves and winter hats!!!!!

The wind is blowing pretty strong downtown now....I think they have windshields.

Check out the lights on the WWII ships...they light up the rigging like Christmas trees every night - it's a beautiful sight!

The QVC crew is staying at the new Canalside hotel that opened two weeks ago, so they are just a short walk from the remote.

Regular Contributor

Ewwwwww...I just took a look to see what was being presented...all I saw was David doing his obnoxious ""Happy Dance"" and he was saying ""Happy Dance"" with an open mouth full of chocolate cupcake....that was enough for me to view no more...ick!

Super Contributor

Oh yes, I see the lights now, terrier3.
Contributor

I'm originally from Buffalo, so I had to tune in. It is bringing back so many memories of my husband and I taking our two nephews to the naval park. Both eventually joined the military and we lost one in Afghanistan a year and a half ago. It is bittersweet to watch, but David is taking the edge off. You can't be unhappy with David around!
Honored Contributor

I think he's doing his happy dance to stay warm.

Esteemed Contributor

I am watching...it looks pretty darn cold....I wonder if David is cold he doesn't have a jacket on while the crowd is bundled up.....

DianeK....I am sorry for the loss of your nephew....I lost a cousin...who was 21 at the time..in the Vietnam war....

Honored Contributor

On 5/28/2014 circles said:

I am watching...it looks pretty darn cold....I wonder if David is cold he doesn't have a jacket on while the crowd is bundled up.....

DianeK....I am sorry for the loss of your nephew....I lost a cousin...who was 21 at the time..in the Vietnam war....

It's about 58 at my house...so it's probably closer to 55 on the waterfront...and very breezy. The sky got very dark earlier, after a beautiful sunny day...but I don't think it's going to rain on their remote!

The lights on the Skyway and the ships look beautiful. Canalside is still a work in progress...last year was the first full year the area where David is broadcasting from was open. I walked my dog down there on Sunday when Mary was doing her stand ups.

Honored Contributor

On 5/28/2014 DianeK1 said: I'm originally from Buffalo, so I had to tune in. It is bringing back so many memories of my husband and I taking our two nephews to the naval park. Both eventually joined the military and we lost one in Afghanistan a year and a half ago. It is bittersweet to watch, but David is taking the edge off. You can't be unhappy with David around!

They moved the ships and created a park around them. There is a cute pub, an outdoor concert area (where David is right now), gardens, walkways and artists stalls and food trucks.

It's a lot of fun and really complements the ships.