Esteemed Contributor

Anyone use the pasta attachments for their KitchenAid?

I was thinking of buying them for homemade noodles. Are they worth it?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone use the pasta attachments for their KitchenAid?

I've been thinking the same thing ... have researched the cost at various places and have been unable to "pull the trigger."  Even the lowest prices seem a little high.  If I thought they worked well - and that I personally would take the time Smiley Happy, it might be a real nice addition to the kitchen.  Hope to hear from those who've tried ... Thanks for introducing the topic. 

Trusted Contributor

I have them. They work very well, it's much better than trying to crank the manual machine, while putting the dough through. If you make homemade pasta or noodles frequently-I would say it's well worth it.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I love it, I use it to make kreplachs, which is jewish raviolis,  It just makes the job so easy.

Esteemed Contributor

I love this attachment!  I looked at this for the longest time and finally my kids got it for me as a gift. It does a great job and the pasta tastes wonderful!  This weekend I made my first batch of homemade cheese ravioli.  I've made all kinds of noodles from thin to thick and they all turn out.  Don't be intimidated by the attachments and if it's going to be difficult. It's not.  After a few times of use it will be just like getting out your mixer to mix something together. This is one of my best items in my kitchen.  

Super Contributor

I have all the pasta attachments for my kitchenAid and yes, they are so worth it, for me anyway. I love fresh pasta!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks!!! you all convinced me...I bought them Smiley Happy

The cleaning directions say not to use water or put the rollers in water to clean them.  Those of you who have them, how did you clean the parts before the first time use.  I have had mine for about a month and haven't used it yet.  Just concerned about fresh from the factory dust and etc.  

Respected Contributor

i got them for my wife like 5 years ago and she loves them.  a few months ago she made wandies and she use pasta maker to roll out the dough. if she did it by hand she would have been there forever.well worth it. now that you ofdered it good luck and let us know how you like it.

Esteemed Contributor

OLD THREAD BUMPED UP 

FROM JAN. 2016