Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone try the new filled Hershey's baking chips?

Although I haven't tried them yet, we've seen the commercials and my kids think they look GREAT of course. And yes, I think the peanut butter ones would be awesome in a your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe!

Trusted Contributor

Valued Contributor

• Here's the recipe for the caramel filled morsels...
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups (9-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® DelightFulls™ Caramel Filled Morsels
  • 1 cup chopped nuts*
Instructions
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in DelightFulls morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars

FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (3,500 to 6,000 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 tsp. water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.

*If omitting nuts, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
Respected Contributor

I suspect it is easier than using chocolate chips and the caramel one together, so you have one product. Same with the chocolate and peanut butter, etc....

Honored Contributor

I saw them in Walmart a few weeks ago; I didn't buy any. Cookie baking day is way off and I'm sure I would have snacked on them.....and I don't need that.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for letting us know about these. They look good. I envision some holiday baking with them.

Here are some recipes from the Nestle site.