Frequent Contributor

Anyone ordering those Corky's potatoes with pulled pork? Have you had good luck with Corky's before?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone ordering those Corky's potatoes with pulled pork? Have you had good luck with Corky's bef

I bought a huge container of pulled pork at my local Giant Eagle grocery store last week for $13.99. It included a side of mac and cheese and cole slaw.  Potatoes are cheap. I can get a whole 10 lb. bag for under $5.  Why would I want to pay $49 for something I can buy cheaper locally. Maybe the buyers live far away from a store. Otherwise I don't get it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone ordering those Corky's potatoes with pulled pork? Have you had good luck with Corky's bef

Fifty dollars for 6 stuffed potatoes? LOL! That's $8 + for each one. The price is beyond RIDICULOUS!!!!

Respected Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

Fifty dollars for 6 stuffed potatoes? LOL! That's $8 + for each one. The price is beyond RIDICULOUS!!!!

Those were not regular size potatoes.  They were five times the normal size.  I'd say they were worth it.  It was a meal for two meat, potatoes and all. 

You are beyond.

Valued Contributor

No, I didn't buy, but they looked good. I can go to Rudy's and get a potato stuffed with any of their meats, from brisket to pork to turkey, for around 6 dollars and it's huge.

Or I can make this at home cheaper still.

Frequent Contributor

I thought they looked fantastic but not for $55 with tax...I could get some pulled pork if I didn't want to make it myself and put the potatoes together.

Honored Contributor

Didn't look good to me at all. Just like my potatoes mashed or baked.

Esteemed Contributor

I was tempted....they looked really good...but i am paying for some other food stuff from the q...so i had to pass...

Honored Contributor

They looked good.  However, 1) I could never eat a potato that big, plus all the fixins, and 2) I could easily make this at home. 

Have I had good luck with Corky's?  They have the absolute best Kielbasa sausage I have ever tasted!!  Unfortunately, it comes along with their pulled pork, which I find good, but nothing special.  Will not order the packaged Kielbasa/pulled pork set again. When they sell their kielbasa separate, I'll be back.

Respected Contributor

I just watched the video and they don't appeal to me.  I don't like pulled pork and stuffing a potato with it, butter, sour cream, cheese and I guess BBQ sauce is something I wouldn't even consider trying.  I did look online and they charge $8.99 for this item at the restaurant.