Regular Contributor

Because a Kitchenaid mixer is the BEST.

Trusted Contributor

QVC has always sold multiple brands of mixers, and you can find a variety here on the website. in the past, QVC has aired several different brands, but they focus on airing Kitchen Aid because that is where they earn the most money.

The KA is a product with high desirability due to its iconic status in the kitchen. There is a high profit margin on the mixers due to the deals KA cuts with QVC. These two factors alone make this the obvious choice for on-air presentations.

While there are other good mixers out there, none of them have the built-in desirability of the KA. In other words, other brands would have to do a lot of marketing or consumers would have to do a lot of research on their own (something few people do) in order to convince the buyer that their product is superior to KA.

In full disclosure, I own three KA mixers, including the 60quart professional (my favorite model). I also own a couple of high-end European models. While I prefer the Ankarsrum from Sweden to the KA, I also recognize that it has a steep learning curve, seems awkward to most people, and has very few instructions. I do think the KA remains the best for most bakers.