Honored Contributor

Anyone know of a site that features open stock cookware?

I consistently go through the same sized pans year after year, 10 inch covered saute pans and 3 quart sauce pans.  I hate to admit it but the sautes usually get burned up.  I need hard anodized or stainless, not the aluminum I could get at Walmart.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone know of a site that features open stock cookware?

Williams Sonoma

Honored Contributor

how about Amz---I found 3 of the best stainless steel sauce pots I have ever had about 3 years ago---and way cheaper than at W & S---and delivery is free with 2 day shipping on Prime------

Regular Contributor

do you have a brand recommendation?

Respected Contributor

Well, it depends on how much you want to spend. 

The best pan I've ever purchased is a SCANPAN from Sur La Table. I can let things simmer on top of my stove and stir them every 20 minutes or so and nothing burns.  I don't use Pam spray on my pan, just a swipe of olive oil with a brush and I always hand wash it. 

Mine is a CTO 14" or 12.25 inch Chef Pan or sometimes called an everything pan.  I believe it was marked down to $150 at holiday time plus I had another 20% off - this was several years ago.  I would also check the Scanpan website for deals. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you wish open stock to exactly match the rest of your set, I would buy duplicates when you find them.  Open stock can vanish.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass   Try Macy's Belgique line of cookware--sets and single pieces of stainless steel and glass lids.  With a code that you will see on site you can get an extra 50% off on some of the items.

And, if you use Rakuten they are  showing a 6 percent cashback offer, too.

I have a couple of these pieces and they have served me well.  I don't use any non stick pans.  

Learned the proper way to use stainless steel to avoid sticking when cooking.  (That info is easy to find online, by the way.  One of the keys is patience and only using the level of heat necessary for the particular cooking task.)

Hope this helps.  Enjoy your search!

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

@depglass How on earth do you do that?  I have had my All Clad for more than 25 years, had a high output Dacor cooktop in last house and cooked all the time. 

Now I still have them and they are all fine.  Perhaps review your cooking methods?  Woman Very Happy  Yikes!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I consistently go through the same sized pans year after year, 10 inch covered saute pans and 3 quart sauce pans.  I hate to admit it but the sautes usually get burned up.  I need hard anodized or stainless, not the aluminum I could get at Walmart.  

I am very happy with my Curtis Stone DuraPans, but I don't think high heat is a friend to the finish, so I wouldn't go there.

Believe it or not, I found a skillet in a thrift shop that I bought on a whim because it was large and cheap that's turned out to be very good. It's a heavy stainless pan by T-Fal and it cost less than $5. I've used it a  number of times and even though it's not non-stick, it cleans up easily. (Again, I don't use higher than medium-high heat.)  I don't think T-Fal is that expensive new, so if you're budgeting, you might consider that.

If you usually use high heat, though, cast iron may be your smartest buy for durability. Others here have much more experience than I do, so I'll be interested in seeing their suggestions.

Respected Contributor

I like to pick up open stock cookware in places like Marshalls, TJ Maxx.  Does HomeGoods carry cookware?  Even Target is worth looking at.  Now that stores are opening up again I will be browsing the aisles.  Walmart would be my last choice.