Honored Contributor

Anyone know a good substitute for Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich?

We have both developed a taste for these so I'm wondering if there is a frozen spicy chicken patty on the market? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone know a good substitute for Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich?

We get spicy chicken breast from Schwans. They are a nice size for sandwiches. Have been buying them for years.

Respected Contributor

This is not a Wendy's dupe, but Sam's Club carries a chicken sandwich which rivals Chic-fil-A...honestly very good.  The only complaint I have is that the top bun is a little too thick but a delicious sandwich.

Honored Contributor

@depglass,

Yes, there is a spicy chicken patty available that compares to Wendy’s.  

I used to buy them at WalMart, and believe they are made by Tyson.   They were packaged in a long plastic sleeve instead of the usual bags like their chicken breast fillets or nuggets are packaged in.   

I don't shop at WM anymore, so we haven’t had them for 3 years.   

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the places to try.  I'll start with Walmart, we have to go there today.  I limit trips there because we are in a tourist area and there are many people around from other states.  Then I'll flag down a Schwann's truck, we no longer get delivery because too many neighbors that used them have moved away.  Those drivers are happy to accommodate you.

Respected Contributor

ETARe: Anyone know a good substitute for Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich?

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Thanks for the places to try.  I'll start with Walmart, we have to go there today.  I limit trips there because we are in a tourist area and there are many people around from other states.  Then I'll flag down a Schwann's truck, we no longer get delivery because too many neighbors that used them have moved away.  Those drivers are happy to accommodate you.

@depglass  Walmart still carries them. They are $4.82 for 10 by Tyson. I have not tried them . Let us know if they are good.

ETA, They are packaged in a Bag with zip lock built in, not a long sleeve. They also have  Buffalo breast strips.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ETARe: Anyone know a good substitute for Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich?

I keep those Tyson spicy patties on hand. They also come in a non spicy version,

but I always pick up the spicy when they are available.

Last time I purchased I saw that they changed the packaging from the sleeve

to a bag.  I haven't tried the bag ones yet, I sure hope they are the same.

Sometimes for a quick dinner, I bake until almost to the crunchy point,

then top with some Marinara sauce, saute onions/peppers and cheese.

Bake just until cheese starts to melt.  Serve with a side of broccoli slaw

or some roasted veggies.....So good.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

This is not a Wendy's dupe, but Sam's Club carries a chicken sandwich which rivals Chic-fil-A...honestly very good.  The only complaint I have is that the top bun is a little too thick but a delicious sandwich.

@Hoovermom 

i dont buy the sandwiches, but i do buy the chicken nuggets.

they are SO GOOD!

my daughter had a picnic last week and i made her two bags to serve as appetizers. they were eaten very quickly.

tasty and tender and easy to prepare.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

https://www.theeasttexasweekend.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Sams-Club-Chicken.jpeg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

https://www.theeasttexasweekend.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Sams-Club-Chicken.jpeg

@sunshine45:  Yes, that is them and have tried all of them and will continue to buy them.  We are always entertaining and will use the nuggets also.  Delicious!!!  I am normally a Costco "woman" but Sam's is bringing the heat LOL.  Thanks.